15. Little Purple Cloud

Avery's POV.                                                                                                                                                                 Next day

I woke up to the sunlight beaming into my eyes. Sam left last night which was bad.... It's hard not having her around. I sprung up and sprinted to the bathroom to wash up.

I headed downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen. She had her hands to her face as if she were about to cry. 

"Mom? Are you okay?"

She sniffled. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I gave her an unstatisfied look. "Seriously?" I laughed. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I have to go on a business trip for almost a month."

My whole mood changed. I don't want my mom to leave. "Well....I....I..." I hesitated. "Work is work right? Plus dad will be here to take care of us." I assured her. 

"I know but a MONTH? Their crazy." She laughed, and I did too.

"Don't worry mom, everything will be good. When do you leave?"

Her response was much slower than I expected. "Tomorrow morning, I believe."

WHAT? 

"That soon!? Aww mom!" I hugged her tightly. 

"Sorry baby, they told me last minute." She pulled away gently. 

"It's okay... But I guess I'll let you go pack."

She smiled. "Any plans with Justin today?"

"Just hanging out, nothing too big today." 

"Be safe okay?" She kissed my forehead. "I'll get packing."

Ugh, first Sam now my mother? Then Justin in a few days.... 

---------------------------

I drove into Justin's driveway and ran to his door, knocking lightly. I heard the door lock open. 

"Hey!" Justin beamed. 

I walked up to him and puckered my lips as Justin kissed them softly. "Hey."

Justin pulled me in and we sat on the couch. It was an awkward silence.

"My moms leaving for a month." I started off, trying to hold back tears. 

"Why?" He asked.

"Her stupid job."

 "She'll be back before you know it." He pulled me into him so I was snuggling into his chest.  

"I hope so." I looked up at his beautiful brown eyes and pecked his lips. He cupped my cheek and deepened the kiss. I crawled on to him without breaking the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck while his rested around my waist. "Justin." I moaned, breaking away from our 10 minute kissing session.

He gave me a confused look. "What's wrong?"

"Your mom will see us." I laughed and got off of him. 

 "Good point." He laughed. "What do you want to do then?"

"Let's talk."

"Okay. So uh.... Oh yeah, I have something to tell you."

I nodded my head, "What is it?"

"People are really trying to dig in our relationship. Like, there are pictures of you everywhere and I'm positive they know your name by now."