11. There was no more Us

Justin's POV

I slammed the door to my car shut and walked up the stepping stones to my house. I already knew paparazzi were taking pictures of me and it made me more pissed.

How could Avery think I cheated again? I can't be with someone who constantly accuses me of things I'm not doing or someone who can't trust me. The last thing I wanted to do was leave her. Avery means the world to me, she was the first girl I've actually loved. But under these conditions, our relationship can't go on. It wouldn't have worked out in the end, so just end it now. Right?

Burning tears glided down my face. I missed Avery already.. I love her so much.

"Hey," My mom greeted. "Did Avery like your gift?" Her smile was bright.

I shrugged and shook my head. "We broke up."

"What?" She pulled me into a hug. "Why?"

"She never trusts me, she thought I cheated her. Again."

She pulled away. "Justin, you can't blame her. What you di-"

"I'm just moving on, mom. I can't keep thinking of her, okay?" I said softly.

She nodded. "Okay, hun." Her hand rested on my shoulder. "Just don't move on too fast."

Avery's POV

Justin had gotten me the most beautiful necklace. It had a silver, chrome charm at it that read "A + J Forever" in cursive letters. The charm was in the form of a heart and it couldn't be prettier. The actual necklace was chromed chains. It wasn't a long chain at all, it looked classy and short.

I had to call Justin. No matter what just happened, the least I could do was thank him. I unlocked my phone and looked for Justin's contact under my recent calls. I let in a deep breath and exhaled before I tapped on his name and it started dialing.

Ring...

Ring..

Ri-

"Hello?" Justin's voice sounded depressed, like he had been crying.

I tried to keep my tone normal. "Hey."

"Uh, what's up?"

I looked down at the necklace in my hands. "Thank you for the necklace, it's beautiful."

"Oh," He sighed. "I'm glad you like it."

I laughed small. "I like what it says too."

"Oh." Was all he said.

"Listen, Justin. I'm sorr-"

"Let's just look past this. Okay?"

I smiled. "You're giving me a second chance?

"No, I mean we're just friends." He confirmed.

"What?" I silently cried out, and hung up.

My heart was completely destroyed. I don't think I've ever seen so many tears run down my face at once. They shot out continuously as I tried to keep calm. My breathing became heavy as my cries became louder.

There was no more Justin.

There was no more us...

Today was the day my whole world came crashing down.

One Year Later..

Since it was the first week of summer, I decided to just stay away from the excruciating sun and stay inside.