25. This is it.

- Avery -

I wiped away the remaining tears that seemed to slip during the movie and ran to the bathroom to make sure no mascara was smeared everywhere. To my surprise there wasn't a spot of makeup out of its place so I walked back to the couch. "What do you want to do now?" I asked Justin, who was skimming through his phone.

"I don't know," He shrugged. "We could take Sammy for a walk, I guess." Sam was Justin's dog that Pattie brought from Canada. He was the cutest thing and always wagged his tail as if it weren't obvious enough. Seeing him always made me laugh. 

"Okay." I agreed, calling Sam's name while he sprinted over to us. He jumped on the couch, in between me and Justin and laid on his back for a belly rub. Justin smirked and gave Sammy what he wanted. 

Despite Justin's small smile, he's been moody about half way through the movie to now. I couldn't think of logical answer to his sudden tone other than Justin is stressed or tired. If it weren't for the girly movie we just watched maybe, just maybe, it his mood would have a different outcome.

Justin's groan threw me out of my thoughts. "I'll go get the leash then." He excused himself out of the room and into the hallway. 

"What is wrong with that boy?" I muttered quietly to Sammy. Who cares if i'm talking to a dog, Justin's upset and I want to know why. Was it something I said? No, Avery. I spoke to myself. I'm overreacting. Justin is fine.. 

He then came back with a blue leash in his hands and clasped it to Sam's collar. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yep!" I smiled and grabbed Justin's free hand in mine. 

We walked down the street, Sam using the restroom on every fire hydrant or tree we passed by. Not a word was said between Justin and I, only a few laughs at how cute Sam was. The silence was internally killing me and it was awkward enough. "You excited to go on tour?" 

"Yeah." He answered vaguely. 

"Uhm," I coughed. "Are you okay?"

Justin didn't answer, he just averted my gaze. I squeezed his hand once to signal I was curious why he was acting so out of character. He looked down out our hands and disentangled his hand from mine. "Justin, please tell me what's wrong." 

"You know," He started. "I'm not quite sure if this relationship is working out."

I stopped dead in my tracks as Justin walked on. A hand flew over my mouth in shock as tears began to well up in my eyes. "Justin!" I shrieked. "Please don't leave me!" I cried, and broke down onto my knees. I'm not quite sure why, finding it a little too dramatic or pathetic. No other words slipped passed my lips other than Justin's name. He walked on as if he took Sam out alone and I was never in the picture.

Justin then turned back to me and said, "It was all an act."

Out of the blue, a dark figure strolled passed me and turning on their heel to look me straight in the eyes. They warned, "watch out" and he continued on. He wore all black, and a hat to disguise his face. His remark took me a while to process, it being difficult getting over what Justin said.

More tears ran down my cheeks, if it weren't possible enough. I pounded my fists against the sidewalk wishing what Justin had said was some sick joke rather than the dead truth. He claimed love for me, as I did to him!

Suddenly my body was shooken, someone was slowly easing me out of the scene. "Avery!" A voice yelled at me. "Wake up!"

"No you never loved me!" I screeched, keeping my eyes closed as tears slipped passed my lashes.