29. Mary & Lana

Avery

"Flight 132 to Atlanta, Georgia is now boarding." A lady announced into the intercom, in a professional-skilled tone. 

People scattered towards the gate door, forming an almost dysfunctional line. Usually I'd  pursue along with them but I decided to stay back and say my goodbyes. As my flight was called, I turned to Justin, Pattie, and Kenny. Pattie and Kenny gave me a sympathetic smile, mostly trying the enlighten the mood a little. 

"We'll see you soon, Avery." Kenny sang, giving me a friendly hug.

I smiled. "Definitely!"

I pulled away from Kenny, and towards Pattie who was beaming brightly. "Thank you for making Justin so happy." She said, pulling me aside so Justin wouldn't hear the rest of what she was about to say. "I've seen him happy millions of times but this is a different kind of happiness. You're so special to him and to us. We love you, have a safe flight."

I smiled at her warmly, taking in of the contemptment she was giving me. "He makes me so happy too, thank you Pattie." I hugged her. "I'll see you soon."

When I pulled away, Justin's expression, unlike theirs, was very solemn and he was looking everywhere except into my eyes but as soon as my eyes caught his, he knew his condition was seen and his frown turned upside down into a smile. He didn't want me to see his dejected demeanor but it was too late. 

I walked towards him, and gave him an assuring smile. "Hey."

"Hey." He said, trying to hide every ounce of distress in his tone. 

"I'll call you as soon as I land, ok?" I kissed his lips softly. "I love you."

"Come here." He demanded playfully, squishing me into a bear hug. 

He was so warm, and cozy, I could of laid on his chest and in his arms for hours. I didn't want to think of those things, though. That'll make it even harder to leave.

The next 2 months will pass by in a blink of an eye. Just remembering all the time we spend together, the dates we go on, and the corny jokes we share is all I ever think about when we're apart. But then again, a lot of other things scared me. What if I get into an accident again? Or he gets hurt? Damian's words still stained my mind and I knew when I go back to Atlanta, I'll face him yet again. It was just a given that I was. 

"I love you, Avery."

The thing is, I had a feeling going back home wasn't the best iea.

~ ~ ~

The flight attendant's voice pierced through the intercom of the flight, warning us that the flight was just about a half an hour away from Atlanta. It was the second flight (thankfully, the last) and I just wanted my feet planted to the floor.

The first flight went by in sort of a blur. Justin was on my mind, but that's not what I was thinking about 85% of the time. The thought I had before I left Oslo never left my mind. It had so many questions along with it.

"Don't go back to Georgia." A small voice said in my head.

It kept echoing it's way around my brain. Hitting the walls in my brain and becoming louder and louder and more alert. I even had a concept that when I landed, I wouldn't go home. Since Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International airport was obviously international, it's open all night. Maybe I'd stay there and wait.

But what would I wait for?

I just know I didn't want to go home. 

I've never been a religious girl but in a way, I feel that God may have been the one warning me. While in Oslo, I was with Pattie more often and saw that she loved and believed in him greatly. She told me about him. She said that after all her drug and bad influenced past, He helped her pick her up. Pattie even said He gave her the most beautiful gift she's ever recieved.