5. Cashmere Sweater

Justin's POV

Billions of thoughts ran through my mind as those 3 short words left my lips.

I love Avery.

Did I? After just a few days of knowing her? It all seemed too unrealistic. It's impossible to be in love with someone that you're still getting to know, right? Maybe I'd talk to her about tomorrow.

To ignore those consistently flowing thoughts, I decided to watch Smallville until I fell asleep. The faster I sleep, the sooner I see Avery.

• • •

I was in a deep sleep until the sun beamed into my eyes from the window. I looked at the clock, noticing it was 9 AM. Better get dressed since I'm picking Avery up around noon. Just as I sat on the edge of my bed, my mom came in. "Hey Justin, I'm going to the store to get milk. Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Nope, thanks though." I answered.

"Okay. Call me if anything. By the way what time is your girlfriend coming tonight?" She asked. "Wait, what's her name?"

"Avery." I smirked. "And what time should she come? Around 6:30 or 7?"

"6:30 is perfect. I'll be back!" She walked out the door.

I got washed up, brushed my teeth, got dressed and was ready to take on the day.

• •

Avery's POV

I woke up around 10 AM today. Thankfully, my mom woke me up before I slept in too late. My dad was at work and Dylan was at his day care. My older brother, Drew, and my older sister, April, weren't home. I'm guessing they slept over their friend's house or something. If they even made any here in Atlanta yet.

I slowly got up from the bed and washed up.

I looked at the time, it was 10:22. I didn't now what to wear since it was like Anaratica outside. I wore a thick, light pink cashmere sweater with blue jeans and beige boots. I may not have the best style but quite frankly, I love my style. 

I looked in the mirror, studying my long-dark brown hair and my face. I looked away before I'd pick out all of my flaws or notice anything I didn't like about myself. I quickly slid the bestfriend bracelet Sam bought me on my wrist, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"What are you dressing up so nicely for?" My mom joked. I blushed.

"Really mom?" I smirked.

She laughed. "When is he com-" The doorbell rang. "Oh that was quick!" she exclaimed.

We both laughed. I ran to the door and opened it. 

"Hey Babygirl!" Justin exclaimed as pulled me in to a hug and gave me a big, long kiss. His lips were so soft and warm despite the cold weather. I loved his kisses.

"Come in!" I said, and he did. I realized my mom was watching everything.

She came over and shook his hand, "Hello." She said sweetly.

"Hello. It's very nice to meet you again, Mrs. Valantine." He replied.

I loved how sweet and polite he is. I think I'm in love. Wait, wh-

"Want to get going Avery?" He interuppted my thoughts.

"Yes! I'm ready. See you later mom." And with that I kissed her cheek and we were out the door.

"Well I've decided to have a picnik with you at the park. Is that okay? I know it's cold out but..." His voice trailed off.

"It sounds perfect Justin." I smiled and he did too.