22. Justin?

- Damian -

Just heard about Avery's accident. That's karma for her, I laugh to myself. Justin and Avery thought that whole 'punching me at the park' senerio was the last of it. Trust me, they'll be hearing more from me after she wakes up from that coma of hers. My plan settles in as soon as her eyes open. Poor Avery, her heart will be broken. Justin's too. 

One thing is, I hope she never forgot about what I said to her at McDonalds. "Be careful." Now that she stomped on my foot, I get to make things worse. My first plan was to make Justin look bad for punching me, he has a huge reputation to hold and I could destroy it. But now, that's out of the picture.. My plan has evolved into something better.

Avery and Justin, here I come.

- Justin -

"Justin, hunny, you can go home if you'd like.." Mrs. Valantine, Alicia, spoke.

I shook my head, not once have I left Avery's side and if I did it was as long as a minute. "I can't.." My voice croaked, this past week i've been quiet. These days without my girl, it's hell. It's difficult seeing her in this position but I want to be here when she wakes up. 

"Justin, you need to sleep man. You're a mess." Drew added, passing me a tissue.

I grabbed it and wiped my face, cleaning off dry tears. "I can't," I repeated. "I can't just leave her."

Drew was about to speak when he was suddenly cut off by my phone vibrating. "Hello?"

"Hey kid, you doing alright?" Scooter's voice full of concern. 

"I'm far from alright, man. But what's up?"

He sighed. "Justin, you need to get back in the studio. You've been slacking too much, it'd be impossible for you to catch up. I'm sorry man, work is work."

My shook my head agressively, though he couldn't see me. "No!" I protested. "I'm not leaving, Scooter." 

"JB please, it'll be one hour at most."

"We're going to go talk to the doctors." Alicia excused herself, Drew following her. 

I nodded, apologizing for raising my voice. "I'm staying here with Avery, alright?" I said to him.

"Justin, get here in an hour or your whole tour is cut." He demanded, hanging up the phone.

I can't believe he's doing this.. This hour better pass quick, though I can't blame Scooter. It's my job and I need to keep up, i've had too many days off and it would be hard to catch up. I kissed Avery's nose lightly, and walked to the door. 

"Justin?" 

- Avery -

The light in this atmosphere was blinding, hard to keep my eyes open. My body was soaring freely through clouds, and it felt great. Suddenly, I was stopped by Aaron.. my first love that passed away nearly two years ago.

"A-Aaron?" I called shyly, a little afraid as to why I see him.. I can't be dead, right?

"Avery," He cheered happily, smiling his beautiful smile I'll always love. "I missed you."

I cried, realizing how much I missed him. "I missed you too."

We pulled out of the hug and looked at our surroundings. "What am I doing here?" I asked, scared of the reply. "Heaven?"

He chuckled small. "No, but you're close to it. Avery, I love you and because of it, I'm sending you back home. I'm sorry it took you so long to get here."