9. Valentine's Day

Avery's POV

Valentine's Day.

Yay.

I didn't even bother getting out of bed. I had no valentine and most importantly, I didn't want one. I don't need a guy to make me feel loved. Guys are jerk. 

"Avery!" Mom yelled. "Someone's at the door for you!"

Who was here for me? Especially this early in the morning. No one from my new school knows where I live. Was I in trouble? 

I sighed. "Be right there!" 

After washing up and brushing my hair, I hastily scattered through my closet to find something to wear. My finger tips lightly traced over one of my favorite dresses. It reached mid-thigh and it was a light cream color with cream colored floral prints on it. I chose black ballet flats to match.

 I sprayed my favorite perfume on, ironically Justin's Someday, and headed downstairs. My mom was patiently waiting by the door with someone, I couldn't see who it was because she was blocking my view.

I stopped half way down the stairs, "Who is it?" I asked.

"Look." She got out of the way and smiled.

My eyes grew wide with anger. "What is he doing here?" I tried holding my emotions in.

My mom gave me a confused look, she knew nothing about me and him breaking up. "I'm here to see you." Justin's voice rang through my ears.

"Well, you've seen me. Now buh-bye." I walked up the stairs.

"Avery. Get down here right now." My mom demanded.

I listened to her and walked to where they were standing. "Avery, I'm sorry." Justin apologized right away.

Mom shot us both a look of confusion. "I'll let you two work things out. I need to go pick up Drew from his friend's house, I'll be back." She kissed my forehead, said goodbye to Justin and she was off.

I glared at Justin, "What do you want?" I scowled.

The next thing I noticed was that his arm was behind his back.

He pulled his arm out to reveal a bouquet of beautiful, vibrant red roses. He smiled at me, handing me the flowers. "Happy Valentine's day." His smile was warm and genuine.

I nodded my head, not really sure what to say.

"I love you, Avery." Justin began.  "I never meant to hurt you. I'm an idiot. I'm a jerk. I'm an asshole and I understand you don't want me back but I just wanted to let you know, you're the only one I love."

I cradled the roses in my hands, replaying all of the words that flew out of Justin's mouth. Truthfully, I didn't know how to respond to something like that.

He broke the silence, "Come with me." 

"Why should I?" I stood my grounds, I wasn't trying to give in so easily.

Justin's expression was flashed with hurt. "I want to take you some where."

"Hold on." I said with a harsh tone. It hurt me that time. I ran to the kitchen and saw April sitting at the table eating cereal. "Can you put these in a vase for me?"

She looked at the bouquet. "These are so pretty!" She jumped up from her seat. "Are these from Justin?"

"Maybe," I smiled small. "I have to go, please put them in a vase!" I kissed her cheek lightly and ran back to the door.

"Alright." I sighed. "Lets go." 

He wrapped his hand around mine but I didn't hold his hand back, mine only hung in his grasp. My blood was still boiling in anger about what he did.