5 LASSITER

"Stay" shawn wraps his arm around me.
"I have work to do" I chuckle
"Not for another 2 hours" he pulls himself closer to me.
"I have to-"
"Shower make breakfast and watch the news."
"Yes I do"
"We can shower together it'd be fast and save water" Spencer says. I let a small giggle out but shake my head.
"No that'd be way longer." I say and roll onto my side and wrap an arm around him. "We wouldn't even shower"
"True" he smiles with his eyes still closed.
"I love you" what. No. Did you? Yeah..
"What" he opens his eyes.
"Uh..I love you"
"Oh.." He tenses up.
"I think I'm gonna go take that shower now" I sit up.
"I'm gonna make breakfast" we go our separate ways.
"I love you?!" I whisper Shout to myself. I'm so stupid. I just ruined my whole relationship. See this is why I don't do serious stuff. I don't know what to do..do I take it back? How do even take that back? He's probably gone already. Oh I ruined the best thing that happened to me. I finish showering and get out after preparing a speech. I'm gonna tell him I love him and I can't help it. And I don't want him to leave and I'm also sorry. I get dressed and walk out and to my surprise he's there. Thank you.
"I made eggs and toast" he says.
"Thank you" I smile and sit down with a plate.
"I'm gonna go get dressed but eat up" he says and runs to the bedroom. He's being distant...fuck.. I told you. He hates me.
"Hey I'm gonna go to the station wanna ride along?"
"Yeah" he walks out zipping his pants up. "I used your tooth brush by the way." He grins up at me.
"I hate you" I chuckle.
"I'm getting mixed signals from you lassie" he leans up and kisses my cheek. "I'm driving" he grabs the keys.
"Ah no." I grab them from him and we walk rest the way out.
"Race to the car?" He asks as we walk out into the light. I look at him and nod we both start running at fast as possible. I get to the car first butbgrt yanked off by Shawn.
"Yes Shawn?" I smile.
"Unfair you're a detective" he says.
"You're the one who asked to race." I say.
"Get in the car" he backs away. I laugh and get in. We drive to the station. We get out and walk close enough to link fingers with without getting seen. We walk in and take a step away from each other.
"McNab!" I shout. "Coffee"
"Yes sir"
"I'm gonna go see cheif" its like he totally forgot about the whole- "oh and lassie" he says walking back to me. "I love you" he says and smacks my ass.
-
-
-
"You told him you love him?!" Juliet jumps over to me at lunch. Shawn had a case so he can't be here so I thought I'd bring O'Hara along.
"How do you know?"
"Gus told me"
"I'm guessing spencer told gus" I roll my eyes.
"You love him" she coos
"Okay that's enough"
"Lassie has a crush" she teases. I've never been close to anybody so of course I enjoy having a relationship and talking about it. But I like talking about what movie we watched or what we had for dinner not if I love him or if we've slept together or not.
"He's my boyfriend O'Hara" ...did...I just say shawn spencer is my boyfriend?
"That you did lassie" shawn says walking into the café.
"How did you-"
"Physic" he says and sits next to me.
"Sure" we push our lips together as a greeting.
"Hey you know if we're getting serious then you're gonna have to believe in me" I look at O'Hara and she nods.
"What? I believe in you?"
"Tell me I'm a physic then" he looks at me.
"Spenc"
"Lass"
"Nick names?" Juliet asks. I look over at her again and shake my head. He takes a fry off my plate and then grabs my drink.
"Are you hungry?" I ask him.
"No I'm okay"
"Uhm miss, could we get the cheese burger with French fries and a diet coke?" I tell the waitress.
"You know me so well Lassiter"
"Detective O'Hara and Lassiter?" We all turn around and see cheif Vick.
"Hey cheif!" Shawn jumps up.
"Mr. Spencer what are you doing here?"
"Having lunch with my boyyyyys- with my boys" oh my god. He almost just blew our cover. She looks at him confused but sits down next to juliet.
"Mind if I join you?"
"Go ahead the more the merrier" Juliet says.
"So where's guster?"
"Doing his boring other job"
"Here is your food" the waistress says and sets it down in front of me.
"Yeah here is your food, spenc-er" why? no hello cheif go away. This is our time.
"You guys are acting weird..are you alright?" Cheif asks.
"Yeah we're fine." Shawn says and takes a bite of his burger. His leg rubs against mine and he gives a small smile. "Okay well gus needs me, thank you for the burger I'll see you tonight" he leans down and kisses me. And I kiss back...in front of cheif Vick