26 SHAWN

"Good morning" I smile walking into the kitchen.
"Morning, Spencer" I wrap my arms around his torso and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Did you sleep good?"
"Yeah, did you?"
"Mmm I slept great with you next to me. Especially after the night we had." He let's go of me and hands me a bowl of cereal. "I was going to make waffles but it seems somebody used all the waffle mix"
"I'm sorry but have you ever had waffles for lunch?" I chuckle sitting down at the dinning room table.
"I have no but its on my bucket list now" he says sitting across from me.
"Do you wanna go to the station and give your statement today?" I ask.
"Yeah I suppose I should." Its quit again before I speak up.
"I'm gonna be a Lassiter." I look up to see his reaction and right now all lassie is doing is smiling at his bowl of cereal. "You do remember proposing... Right?" I ask
"Yes I just can't believe I'm gonna get married again" he looks up at me. I can't read him..is he upset or just thinking?
"Is that a good thing?" I ask.
"It is when you're my fiancé."
"I'm getting married" I say wide eyed. "Oh..oh my god...I can't do commitment" I jump up. "Ok no I can do this. I mean you're lassie... I love you."
"Are you okay..I mean its not like we're doing this tomorrow." Carlton stands up and moves in front of me.
"You're right" I look up at him. "You're so handsome and nice and smart and I love you..."
"Just tell me when to stop, shawn. I love you and I want to marry you but if we're going to fast you can tell me."
"Okay.." I nod my head. "I can..I can do this."
"You're okay?" He asks pulling me closer.
"I'm okay" sorta, yeah I love lassie so much. I knew it the moment I met him he was going to mean something but never did I think he'd mean this much to me. But marriage? Can I marry him? I want to marry him but that means I'm stuck with him forever. I'm not stuck with him I just would be with him. I can do that. We can stay here until we decide on kids and then we move to a house. We both like it here. It's comfy. Big enough for two but also small enough for two. The right size. Mr. Cat likes it...its not like were gonna get married and then within a week adopt. Its okay...he's okay I'm okay.
"Baby...are you alright?" He asks.
"Yeah yeah just promise me one thing?"
"What is it?" He asks
"Promise me that we stay here for a year after getting married."
"I promise. This is our safe haven. I mean after all this is the apartment you told me oh so drunkenly you like me more then just a co worker." Its true..while we were sorta dating...we kept going on dates but neither of us said whether it was dating or just friendly dinners...but after eating he brought me here and we may have gotten a little drunk and that's when I told him 'mr. Carlton Lassiter...I like you and not in a way I want to see you happy with a wife and job. I like you in the way that I want to be your wife and your job is to take care of me.' I was drunk.. Don't blame me. He replied with 'I like you a lot too spencer. But you tell anybody I'll kill you ' the next day I told gus...he didn't kill me though so that's a good thing.
"I'm gonna be Detective Lassiter's husband..wow" I smile as he grabs the dishes.
"That you will be. Will I come home to you in an apron making pies?"
"Ooo you would except I don't bake..I would like to but trust me you don't want me to. The naked part though"
"I never said anything about you being naked" Carlton laughs.
"Well you'll come hone to me at least once a month in the bed with nothing but a whip cream bikini on."
"Sounds great." I throw myself onto the couch still in just boxers and a T-shirt. I went to bed naked but I didn't think that'd be a good idea to walk out in. 1- because its always cold in the morning and 2- I was actually hungry.