Chapter 03 - Birthday Yasmin / Abbey Road - September 1969

Yasmin POV

Finally in September. The sixth came and celebrated my birthday with my parents in Truro. We dined outside and then the two sang Happy Birthday to me at night, with a small chocolate cake. The lady Winifred and Clare called for wishing me happy birthday. While others returned to London in the second week of August, I stayed here for over a month. During this period I visited Winifred and Clare and vice versa. They are saddened by the end of the friendship between Roger and me. But Winifred says he still has hope that our friendship back.

The phone rings. My mother answered. Tim was wanting to talk to me. Attended friendly connection. Tim wished me happy birthday. I thanked. We talked a bit and he said that he is glad because the band recorded their first album at Trident Studios and just hope everything goes right. I was happy for them. To Roger, after all it has always been his dream to be a famous rockstar. Maybe now is the right time ... Tim and I though what happened forgive each other and go back to being friends. He called me several times while I was in Truro. Also I called him.

Another who called me was Brian, wishing me happy birthday. He says he's longing for me and you need to talk to me much. I told him that I return to London the ninth. When you get there will mark something, just the two of us.Eighth eve of my return to London, Winifred and Clare came to say goodbye to me, wishing good trip and everything will be fine.On the ninth day my parents left me at the bus station in Truro wishing me good trip and see you soon.This year Christmas will pass here in Truro with my Brazilian family.I arrived at the London road at ten in the evening. I took the subway and went to the apartment. When I got there was Layla and Victoria on the couch under the covers watching the movie Casablanca.They looked at me with an expression of surprise and relief. But said nothing. I also said nothing. I went towards my room and shut the door. I called my parents and said that he had arrived safely.I took my pajamas and dressed. I looked at the giant teddy bear Snoopy I got from Roger as a child.I slept hugging her teddy bear.

Classes began after the eleventh . I went every day the secretary of the college to see if the transfer of the document was ready . When you are ready I will go to Oxford and London goodbye . I will live in republics that are in Oxford. I will make new friends. I forget all my problems there.

By day 15 September Tim and I set up a meeting at a coffee shop , just as friends. He told me about the end of their course in graphic design . It's three months only , he got a job as a graphic illustrator in a large company . I am very happy for him. He declined to talk about Roger .

Toward the end of the month on September 26 Brian and I arranged to go to a pizzeria. He fetched me in the apartment. Layla and Vick were surprised that I was dating him. I was not talking to them. We went to the subway pizzeria. We talked happily. In half an hour we arrived at Dominos pizza. We ordered a pizza and coke. Brian told me about his course of PH D in Astronomy also a stage he got in the planetarium of the city, in addition to performances with the band Smile, the shows at the pub and recording the first album of the band.

- Bri am very happy for you, really. - I smile. - It's a dream that you have. Go ahead. You are very intelligent, hardworking.

- I'm really happy. - Brian smiled. - But Roger shares his joy with the band and the sadness in his personal life. He is very depressed, Yasmin. He has not left much room, just for the performances of the band. For a long time left to stay with the girls of pubs. He is reserved, quiet. Do not play with anyone. You are drinking and smoking too.

- This is very sad. - has said.

- He's so over you, Yasmin. He did not admit it, but really misses you. Already I caught him crying sometimes. The end of the friendship of you very shook the emotional Roger.

- Problem him, Bri. He would not forgive me. - I said taking my soda. - Besides I was humiliated by Les Paul and him. I'll never forget the way they got kicked out of that apartment.

- They are all suffering for it. But I have faith that you'll hit it. - Brian smiled.Quickly moved to talk and we talk about the new album of The Beatles which was released today: Abbey Road. The album of the same name London Street and where is the studio Abbey Road. It seems that finally the band tempers calmed and the fab four are more united. At least that's what they go for the world and the fans press.Four singles from the new album are already a hit worldwide: 'Something', 'Come Together', 'Here comes the Sun and' Oh! Darling '.

Bri and I empolgamos us when we speak of The Beatles.

I became good friend of Bri during that one year. I think I can trust him so I said:- Bri, I have something important to say.- What Yasmin?- Finally today I got the secretary's office today the role that lack me to ask the University of transfer.- Are you really going away? - He asked with eyes full of tears.- I will, Bri. I finish my degree in journalism at Oxford. But do not worry I will always find a way to visit it here in London.- I will feel really miss you, Yasmin. - He held me tight crying.- Do not be like, Bri. - I smile. - From time to time I will come visit you, I said.- The other already know?- Not Bri and please not comment on them. - I begged.- Ok I will say nothing . . And when will the roles Oxford ?- Tomorrow morning. I bought my ticket for the ten in the morning . And I am beginning to study next week.- I will feel really miss you, Yasmin .Brian and I were embraced for a long time .POV Brian .Yasmin will make your registration tomorrow at Oxford. I promised her I would say nothing to anyone, but I will break the promise .This will not be like that. I have to tell everyone . Especially Roger . He has to prevent it from breaking.If I do not tell him Roger never forgive me .