Chapter 22 - Second half / 1970 - Majority / Bassists / 1970-1971.

POV Yasmin.

The year 1970 is going fast. In July we went on vacation from college and before we went to Truro, Rog went back to the doctor. Doctor Victor said he was almost cured of anemia and had to take the iron pills until September. Rog did not like the idea, but would follow the prescriptions up because I'll be watching it. We all went to Truro, but Mary can not go because of work. Rog celebrated his 21st birthday. Anyway the majority came to my best friend. Michael was not at the party, just called the son wishing happiness. Rog answered the call grudgingly, because Winifred and I insist.

Dei birthday gift for a male Rog silver bracelet (he would later use in the Queen's tour of Japan) and also presented him with a drum-shaped keychain for him to put the key to your car. I confess that were simple gifts, but Rog loved so much that on the same day have used the bracelet and put the car key in the battery keychain.

- Gifts are simple, but I hope you enjoy. - I smiled at him.

- They're beautiful and loved, princess. - He kissed my cheek. - Thank kitten. I will use always the two. The greatest gift in my life is to have you with me. - He smiled.

To cut the cake the first piece went to his mother and sister. When he gave the second piece for me I smeared my face with cake. Now every year is this. Taylor tradition.

We stayed in Truro for a month until the end of August. We had to go back because the boys were looking bass for the band and Freddie could not stand Mary missed.

Two weeks later, it was Freddie's birthday on September 5 and made a surprise party for him twenty-four years. He loved to party and gushed.

The next day September 6th was my turn to win a surprise birthday party of twenty-one years. My parents along with Winifred and Clare lady came to my birthday. I thrilled me a lot. Finally the majority also came to me.

After everyone ate the birthday cake, Rog was wearing a friendship bracelet and silver bracelet that presented him on his birthday. He said, smiling:

- Do not think I forgot your birthday gift of twenty-one.

- Rog not worry about it. - I said quiet.

He pulled out of his pants two tickets.

- These are for you. - He smiled more.

By the time I saw were two tickets to another show what Led Zeppelin would do later in the month of September in London.

My face lit up by the time I saw smiles and excited.

- Rog, I can not believe it. - Hugged him stronger. - Not needed. It must have been very expensive.

- I saved money for a while, you deserve this and more kitten. - He smiled kissing my face. - The two tickets are yours. You choose a person who wanted to go to the concert with you. I know how much is a fan of the band and especially Robert Plant.

- Rog the person who chooses to go to the show with me of course it's you. - I smile. - You will come with me. There is no better person.

At that moment her smile brightened my night.

- Thank you princess. - She smiled hugging me tight. - We'll have fun too.

During the remainder of September Bri, Roger and Freddie auditioned with bassists. Mike Grose was chosen.

Tim had said to me that Mike is good, but not that talented, yet our friends decided to give him a chance.

On 18 September 1970 the phenomenal Jimi Hendrix died of an overdose.

Hendrix died here in London after spending part of the night before at a party where followed Monika Dannemann with his girlfriend to the Hotel Samarkand, at 22 Lansdowne Crescent in Notting Hill. Dannemann claimed in original testimony that Hendrix ingested nine tablets a sleeping pill he used without her knowledge and according to the doctor Hendrix would have choked on his own vomit, making red wine. Jimi Hendrix was 27.

Freddie, Rog and I cry unhappy with the death of our idol. It was devastating.

Ten days later I went to Led Zeppelin show with Rog. It was one of the best shows of my life.

On October 3, 1970 who died of overdose was my favorite female rocker Janis Joplin. They found her dead in a hotel victim of a heroin overdose combined with alcohol effects. She also had 27 years.

I cried for days with the death of Janis Joplin and Rog consoled me.

This year 1970 has not been easy for the rockn roll lovers.

On October 16, Rog, Freddie, Bree and Mike made a presentation of the Queen at the College of Estate Management in Kensington. They were well received by the audience, though Mike was not going well in the band.

At the end of October Bri, Rog and Freddie dispense Mike Grose band for lack of talent. In its place was the bassist Barry Mitchel chosen.

November was marked by rushing in college, exams, internships for everyone. December came and the beginning of the month Barry Mitchell was released from the band also for lack of talent.

Bri, Rog and Freddie tested a third bassist.

Finally all went to college vacation with excellent grades, ensuring the scholarship for another semester.

The 1970 Christmas spent in Brazil with my family. I traveled to São Paulo on December 17 and returned on 30 December to spend New Year in Truro with family members and our friends of Rog.

The passage of New Year was wonderful.

Finally beginning a new year. Last year of college.