Chapter 46 - June/1975 - Old Photo/ Hot Wine War/ Drink Aphrodisiac

POV Yasmin.

After the show in London Freddie, Brian and John caught my attention saying that I should not have said that to Roger in the middle of the show. The confusion could have been higher. Of course I did not published in Rolling Stone about what happened, but other newspapers published articles as: Drummer Roger Taylor of Queen discusses with a fan after being criticized. Everyone wanted to know who was the fan. Thankfully they not found. Only the magazine Rolling Stone staff knew, anyway Roger alluded to what happened to be published in the magazine. And other newspapers also said: Will Roger Taylor criticized the stance of the journalist Yasmin Perez Silveira Rolling Stone?

It was crazy all that happened. Thankfully, no communication vehicle was behind me. I stayed quiet.

After the show in London I was reviewing some albums with old photos and I have seen a photo of Roger a boy: he must have been about seven, eight years. It is lindinho. He gave this picture of himself to me when he was a teenager.

I took the photo and looked with all the affection. I kissed with love the photo of Roger and said,

- I love my bad boy. So I wanted to forgive me.

Tears come to my eyes and kiss the picture again.

The month of June is coming to an end. After London the guys performed in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Oxford and Leicester. They did more shows in these cities. They are coming to an end with the tour. Now in July they will be a month's holiday, resting. In August enter into recording the stadium for the next album does not yet know the name.

Today is June 29. St. Peter's Day. St. Anthony's Day and St. John have been through. I was in Brazil for this time surely would be in the June festivals organized by my family. But that does not mean I can not make a June party in London.

In early May I had called my grandparents in Brazil and said he was sending money via mail for them to buy some ingredients you would use in a possible June Festival. They bought and sent me back by mail. There are many things that do not sell here in London and sold it is expensive. There are some Brazilian specialty stores that sell the ingredients, but it is so expensive that I prefer to ask my grandparents to send by mail. And they came many things like corn for hominy, coconut milk, condensed milk, powdered chocolate, sweet pumpkin, peanut candy, drips to make mulled wine, ginger, other spices for drinks, peanuts, finally a lot.

I had already told the girls to organize a June party. They stumbled, but most of the things they can not cook because they typically Brazilian dishes. So I asked for Vick, Layla and Veronica are responsible for party decoration with flags, balloons. They stumbled. Clare, Mary and I went to the kitchen to prepare the meals typically Brazilian June Festival. What they did not know I taught calmly. We spent the whole day in the kitchen. Clare and Mary knew Brigadier do very well and carrot cake with chocolate icing, and sweet rice and typically Brazilian hot dog they were tastefully. They did it. The rest was up to me: chicken pie with cream cheese, sardines cake, palm cake with endive, green juice, pumpkin juice, corn cake, chocolate cake, mulled wine, mulled wine and peanut butter tea and also had paçoca , sweet pumpkin, sweet milk.

Here in London it's summer, but I want the guests to experience the warm and traditional mulled wine as wine in Brazil. I think they'll love. Of course, the girls and I also bought soft drinks and beer.

The party will be at the house he shares with the girls. Brian, John and Freddie said to come. Yesterday they did the last show of the tour in Leicester. Roger is unknown. We have told us. But Clare said he comes, however he's hurt me. It has to come himself, has not only invited me to.

In the evening arrives. Clare invited some fellow students. As Layla, Vick and I invite former college classmates and also the PhD and graduate. It was eight in the evening.