Chapter 23 - January, February, March/1971 - John Richard Deacon.

POV Yasmin.

On January 10, 1971 after spending the New Year in Truro with the families of Rog went back to London. If we could we would stay until the end of the month in the city, but our college classes begin on January 21. Finally this is the last year of college to Rog, Paul, Layla, Vick and me. Les finishes college next year.

As we return to London Rog, Bri and Freddie dismissed bassist and took the test with the fourth bassist. The boys were discouraged because they have not found a talented bassist.

I said for them to have faith that they will soon receive one.

It was a Sunday afternoon and Rog was in my room listening to music with me. We heard the LP Abbey Road by The Beatles.

We were lying in my bed. Rog was smoking staring at the ceiling when he said:

- Yasmine, is already the fourth bassist we are testing. The Queen is undergoing a bassist syndrome. Hey I no longer take any more. All the guys who took the test so far no really pleased us.

I passed a hand through his hair and said Rog:

- Angel, something tells me that soon you will find the definitive bassist. Calm down dear.

It ends up smoking and take a deep breath. Then by a mint in your mouth. I embrace through force.

- Everything will work itself out angel. 

I kissed his face and he was embraced me stroking through my hair.

POV John.

My name is John Richard Deacon. I was born in Leicester, Midlands on August 19, 1951. I lived in my hometown until 1960, when my family moved to a nearby place called Oadby. My father, Arthur worked for an insurance company called Norwich Union. I always liked to hear rockn roll since childhood and when I turned seven years my parents presented me with a Tommy Steele guitar, plastic. My father loved electronics, so that thanks to him I became interested too. And the electronics always was my foreground and the background music. My father and I built many gadgets together, to set up an amateur radio.

In 1962, when he was only eleven years old my father died. I was devastated to this day miss him so much. I was very attached to my father. He was my best friend. My mother called Lillian took over the responsibility of raising my younger sister Julie who was born in 1956 and me. They are everything to me, are my life. If something happens to them I die. My sister currently has fourteen and I'm very jealous of her. I am jealous with her and my mother. When I was thirteen my neighborhood friends bought guitars and my desire for music resurfaced with a vengeance.

With my friends formed a group called the Opposition. At first I was playing guitar horrible, horrible even. Later bought an electric guitar, thanks to money from a parent of the band member.

But the guitar would not be the instrument that I would love to play. After the official band's bassist was fired for not having a great quality as the rest of the band stopped playing the guitar and became the bassist. Over time I was honing my skills musician, always studying hard. It was also the archivist of the band gathering newspaper clippings and announcements to The Opposition. The group then spent aa call themselves The Art.

Despite my passion for music and electronics have always been a dedicated student in other subjects, always getting good grades in school.

After I won three notes 10 at school in the summer of 1969 I got a scholarship to attend the faculty of Electrical Engineering at Chelsea College in London, belonging to the University of London.

I had to leave the band, until I found better. My future is in electronics, really.

I said goodbye to my mother and sister in Oadby and ventured in London. I began to study electronics.