Chapter 30-1974 / Intrigue - QUEEN II.

POV Roger.

We are at the end of February 1974. On March 9 will be released the band's second album 'Queen II' 'in the UK by EMI. And on April 9th ​​in North America by Elektra Records. It was recorded at Trident Studios in August last year. Roy Thomas Baker and John Antony are co-producers of the album.

I wrote and composed the song '' The Loser in the End '. I wrote the song and wrote it at the time I took one out of Yasmine. It was right around the time he was in the dumps. In fact I still am. This song depicts a little when you leave your home in Truro and left my mother alone to follow my path and I quote my friend the letter. Unlike the letter i is the loser. I lost in love for Nicholas.

We want to make it clear that we do not use synthesizers to record the album. We use tubular bells, castanets on some songs. Freddie besides playing the piano used a Hammond organ and a harpsichord in certain parts. My friend was the lead singer in almost all the songs except '' Some day one day '' Brian sang and '' The Loser in the End '' that corner. And Freddie and I use a lot of falsetto in songs. Deacon until we dubbed '' The kings of falsetto. '' John even hating sing made some small stakes on backing vocals, beside me and Brian.

As for the album title should have sought another name, but Freddie insisted on '' Queen II '' to give greater visibility to the band name. But for me was lack of creativity. But not to get fights with my friend I decided to accept.

The cover was by Mick Rock account that has gained great notoriety to work with David Bowie. The famous photographer decided to follow the musical concept of the white side album and black and photographed my friends and I all dressed in white who became the back cover and then use black clothes on a dark background, with Freddie the center in funereal pose. Victoria was Mick assistant during the photo sessions for the album cover. He learned more with him.

After the photo sessions for the album cover, Vick was with us and took pictures of us in London, streets, buildings, opposite the Big Ben in front of the red phone booth in London. He had a picture she took of us I'm on the red phone booth. Vick has every crazy idea, but the photos were really sensational.

The photos Vick are helping more in the dissemination of the band by the city and the venues, awaiting the release of the second album.

We look forward to the release of our second album.

During this time Yasmin still dating that jerk Nicholas. Whenever the guy sees me threatening me. I discussed this with the boys. The girls do not know. The boys tell me to talk to Yasmin and say that Nicholas wants me away from her.

But you know what's the problem? Yasmine shows that each is more in love with Nicholas day. I do not know if she will believe me.

This is killing me little by little.

Still friends with my princess. But it's not like before, especially now Nicholas account. I never called Princess Yasmine. It has nothing to do now. She is princess of another guy. Just call it beautiful and kitten. And it is also becoming rare. I do not want to make more problems with Nicholas because of nicknames that always told Yasmin.

I'm lying in my bed thinking about everything that is happening lately and I light a cigarette and look at the ceiling of my room and sigh. The year began and Yasmine still populate my thoughts.

POV Yasmin.

Today is Friday. Soon begin a doctorate in Journalism. Nicholas will also, but in another room. Nick is in my room listening to music: the Help album 1965 Beatles.

- I love that album from The Beatles. - He smiles.

- Me either. I gained this album Roger. - I smile.