Part 7

Logan's POV

I've been working really long days lately. I've been taking on a lot of overtime so that I could make some more money, so today I worked a 15 hour shift that went into the night. During the day I don't usually have a lot of down time because I'm working with patients who are recovering. So when I get texts or calls I don't usually get back to whoever sent it until after I'm off work.

When I got off of work today I saw a text from Lisa. I was really surprised because she was the last person I expected to hear from. It's not like we left on a bad note the last time we hung out but it didn't seem like we were going to be talking a lot after that.

I looked at the time I received it and it was about midway through my shift. Girls usually don't like when you reply 7 hours after they send a text and now regardless of what this text is about I could look like a complete jerk for taking so long to reply back.

I opened her text and smiled slightly as I read it.

Lisa- Hey! I just wanted to say that I think I was wrong. I think I judged you too quick and made you out to be someone that you aren't... I did warn you that knowing me is an adventure you might not want because I'm complicated. But if you still want to risk a potentially terrible adventure, then I'm in.

Lisa's POV

Logan didn't reply all day to my text. I felt pretty pathetic when I was checking my phone every 20 minutes to see if he replied and he never did. It's about 11:30 at night now and I was getting tired. I thought it would be best to go to sleep, then maybe I would forget about how embarrassed I feel about sending that text now.

As I laid down in my bed, I put my headphones in so that I could relax. While I was scrolling through different songs I saw a text pop up at the top of my phone screen. I saw Logan's name as the person to send it and I immediately looked at it. When I opened it this is what I read.

Logan- I don't ever say no to an adventure. And besides there is no such thing as a terrible adventure. Maybe a complicated one, but definitely not a terrible one. So as long as you are in, then so am I.

I smiled as I read the text back. I don't know how, but he has this way of talking to me and making me feel so important. After I read the text another one popped up.

Logan- By the way I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was at work and I didn't have the chance to check my phone. I know its late but I figured better late then never.

I looked back down at my phone and started typing.

Lisa- No it's fine! And I want to make it up to you. Instead of vague answers and replying to your questions with more questions I want to give you real answers. I'm sorry I didn't do that the first time but it's like I told you, I'm complicated.

Logan- And like I told you, I don't mind complicated(: What are you doing tomorrow?

Lisa- I'm busy in the morning but I'm free tomorrow afternoon!

Logan- Do you want to go on a hike or a walk or something?

Lisa- That sounds great(: I can call you tomorrow morning and we can figure out a time if that works for you?

Logan- That sounds perfect!

I don't know why I felt myself smiling like an idiot. There is something about him. I kept trying to ignore it from the moment we started talking at the bonfire, but I can't. He's captivating. And now I'm even more curious about him.

When I talked with Bri she said he is a great guy but that he has been through a lot. I want to know what that means. I don't understand how someone who is as happy and positive as he is could have gone through a hard time. Usually I have seen tragedy or brokenness make people callus. They become emotionally cut off and disconnected. Or they live in a state of depression. But he didn't seem like he had any of those qualities. He seemed like he just wanted to be happy and make others happy in the process.

I usually tend to analyze people until I can figure them out. I thought that when I sat there at the bonfire with him that I had him figured out. But clearly I don't. Originally, I thought he was just the cute guy that seemed to have a good personality but would end up being a jerk. But now I think he has more depth to him that I am missing. I want to figure him out.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below. I love hearing what you guys have to say!(: