Part 37

3 weeks later...

Lisa's POV

Logan has been acting kind of weird lately. He has always been really hard for me to read but that was okay with me because he has always been really honest with everything that's going on. But lately I feel like he's shutting me out. Not in a way where I feel rejected. It's different. He is still sweet and caring, nothing about that has changed. But it's almost like something inside of him clicked. He's been checked out lately.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much. I tend to overthink things way more than I should. I just want to know what's going on in his head.

Logan's POV

It's back. She's having anxiety again. She's trying to be strong for me but I don't want her to have to be. I'm the one who is supposed to be strong when she needs me.

I can't explain it to anyone else. Sometimes I can't even explain it I myself. But I feel like I'm being selfish by being with her.

Her anxiety is just a result of her not loving herself. I thought I could help her but I think I'm just hurting her. Lisa has a huge heart, so she will always make my happiness a priority. But I think that while she made my happiness a priority she forgot that her happiness needs to come first.

She was coming over to my house and when I heard her knock on the door I wasn't sure how to bring this up. I don't want to break up. That's the last thing I want. I want to work through things. But I also want her to know that her happiness has to come first.

I walked over to answer the door and greeted her with a fake but wide smile.

Logan- "Hey beautiful." I said keeping that forced smile on my face.

Lisa- "Hey." She said returning the smile while leaning in to peck my lips.

We walked inside and sat on the couch. I could tell even in this moment her mind was somewhere else. She isn't hard to read. I know when something is on her mind. But honestly, I don't think she even sees how little love she gives herself.

After about an hour of hanging out and talking I finally decided I should bring it up. But before I could she spoke up.

Lisa- "What are you thinking about? I can tell something is on your mind."

Logan- "I was about to ask you the same thing."

Lisa- "What? What do you mean?"

Logan- "Are you okay? Really, be honest with me."

Lisa- "What would make you think I'm not okay?"

Logan- "You didn't answer my question."

Lisa- "You didn't answer mine either." I looked at her, wishing she wasn't this stubborn.

Logan- "Lisa seriously. Please, this is important to me." She sighed and looked down at her hands.

Lisa- "I mean, it's just the same thing. The anxiety just doesn't seem to leave."

I looked at the chain hanging around her neck then back down at my hands before she could see me looking at it.

Logan- "How can I help you? I don't know how to help you... I feel like I'm just holding you back from being the best you that you can be."

Lisa- "No you're not holding me back at all." She said as she reached for my hand and intertwining our fingers. She held it tight as she rubbed her thumb on the back of my hand.

Lisa- "Why would you think you were holding me back?" I shook my head not wanting to answer her.

Lisa- "Is this coming from somewhere else? Is it really this that you're worried about?" I looked over at her confused.

Logan- "Yeah... What else do you think would be worrying me?"

Lisa- "I just can't help but think you might have trust issues with me."

Logan- "Trust issues? What are you talking about?" She looked down as she answered, almost looking disappointed in herself.

Lisa- "I hurt you. I called you when you did nothing wrong and I broke up with you...I hurt you for no reason. I just feel like you might still be upset with me." I shook my head but she couldn't see because she was looking down at our hands. I tilted her head up with my free hand.

Logan- "Don't ever think I'm upset with you. I'm not upset. I'm just worried about you."

Lisa- "You don't need to be worried about me. I'm okay."

Lisa's POV

I'm not. I'm not okay at all. But I'll try to be for him. He needs someone who can love him and not have as many issues as I do. I have to put him first.

Logan's POV

She's lying. I know her to well. She's not okay. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: I love hearing what you guys have to say!