Part 39

Logan's POV

I'm over at Dan's house right now. I needed an outsiders opinion. Dan has never sugar coated anything with me. He has always been honest and straight forward. Besides we have been through a lot of crappy days together, so I knew he would be honest with me even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

We small talked for a while but he knew that I had something on my mind. He knew I wanted to talk about something with him.

Dan- "So what's going on? I know you're thinking about something. What's up?" I hesitated, hating that this was even a question I had to be asking him. Before I asked it I mumbled the same words I've been repeating to myself for a long time now.

Logan- "I don't know what to do."

Dan- "What do you mean?"

Logan- "Tell me the truth alright?"

Dan- "You know I'd never tell you anything but the truth."

Logan- "Do you think that in life, you have to let some people go in order for them to be truly happy?"

Dan- "This is about Lisa?" I nodded my head while putting it down.

Dan- "What makes you think you need to let her go?"

Logan- "I feel like she isn't in a place where she can be with me. I feel like she is hurting. She hasn't fully accepted herself yet and I feel like I'm stopping her from getting to that point." He sighed and tilted his head when he responded.

Dan- "Well to answer your question, I do think you need to let some people go in order for them to be happy. But now let me ask you something... Do you really think you are holding her back?" I hesitated. There's this overwhelming feeling in my chest because I hated that this was the first time I was admitting the truth to myself.

Logan- "Yeah." I said quietly.

Dan- "Do you think she could be a better or happier person if she was alone?"

Logan- "Yeah." I answered again in a quiet voice.

Dan- "Do you think she loves you?"

Logan- "Yeah."

Dan- "Do you love her?" He now spoke in a quiet tone, matching the level of mine.

Logan- "More than anything."

Dan- "I think you need to do what is best for the both of you. I can feel that you are in pain. And from what you said, so is she."

Logan- "You think I should end it?"

Dan- "I didn't say that. But I know that's what you think is best, because otherwise you wouldn't be here asking me." I shook my head with my eyes closed.

Logan- "I didn't think love was supposed to be this hard."

Dan- "Love always has difficulties. But true love, that's the kind of love that involves sacrifice even if it causes you a time of pain... That's how I know you truly love her. You're willing to give up your happiness in order to restore hers." I leaned back on his couch with thoughts flooding my mind.

There was a long period of silence and he finally spoke up.

Dan- "For whatever it's worth, I was always rooting for you guys. If you decide to end it, that doesn't mean it is over forever. Maybe it just means a temporary time to figure out your own life." I looked over at him. Every time I looked at him my attention was always latched into the wheelchair.

Logan- "Thanks man. Really... I appreciate it. But I think I better get going." I stood up and shook his hand to say goodbye. As I walked towards the door I stopped and turned back towards him.

Logan- "And for whatever it's worth... I'll always wish that I was the one sitting in a wheelchair instead of you. I'll never let a day go by where I don't think about you being hurt in the car I was driving. But maybe we can make this temporary too. I'm going to help you. While I let Lisa fix her problems, I'm going to fix my mistakes."

He looked at me with a sympathetic face. I turned back around and headed out his front door. When I got in the car I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with so many different emotions.

I'm broken. Lisa is broken. But we still won't admit to each other. We won't ever say that we are in pain.

I can't. And I know she can't either. Because as soon as we admit it... It becomes real.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: I love hearing what you guys have to say!