Part 19

~1 month later~

Lisa's POV

I called Logan this morning to see if he wanted to hang out. One thing I love about Logan is that he never cares if what we are doing is boring or exciting, he just wants to hang out. I like that it doesn't matter what we do as long as we are together.

He came over to my house and we sat down to eat breakfast. I started to tell him about what's going on with music and our career. His smile was wide as he watched me talk.

Lisa- "So me and my sisters are going to be touring in a few months."

Logan- "Oh really! That's awesome! How long are you going for?" He asked while giving me an excited look.

Lisa- "About a month."

Logan- "A month. That sounds awesome!" He said trying to sound excited but he definitely looked surprised.

Lisa- "What's wrong? You look a little taken back."

Logan- "No I'm good! I think the tour is going to be super awesome. Are you excited?"

Lisa- "Yeah I'm really excited! It's exciting to go travel and share our music with people." He had a smile on his face and he looked happy for me but I feel like there is something was on his mind.

Logan- "That's so incredible. I'm really happy for you guys. You deserve this! When do you guys leave for the tour?"

Lisa- "In 2 months." I looked at him and spoke up immediately after I finished.

Lisa- "Are you worried?

Logan- "No. Why are you?" He asked while looking at me confused.

Lisa- "I mean we have only been dating for 3 months. You're not going to get bored of me when I'm gone right?" I asked while laughing.

Logan- "Not a chance. I'm way too crazy about you." He said with a flirtatious smirk on his face.

Logan- "Hey, I brought you something." He said changing the subject.

Lisa- "You brought me something? What is it?" I asked curiously. He stood up and reached into his pocket while he continued to speak.

Logan- "Have you ever heard of a giving key?" He sat back down in his seat while he clutched something in his hand.

Lisa- "No. What's that?" I asked with a confused but happy look on my face.

Logan- "After me and Dan got in the accident I had a lot of guilt and other emotions that I couldn't let go of. I never really wanted to deal with them but when I finally did that's when I got freedom. I was free from everything that held me back."

He opened his hand and showed me a key on a chain necklace. On the key was the word 'freedom' (Pic of Necklace above). When he showed it to me he held it so that I could see the word engraved on it. He looked down at it as he continued to speak.

Logan- "I got this key to remind myself of that. But the whole purpose of a giving key is to hold onto it until you feel like you no longer need it anymore. And when you finally get to that point of no longer needing it, you give it to someone who needs it more than you."

He slid the necklace over my head. I looked down at it with a small smile on my face. He reached for my hand and held it. He stared down at our hands while he spoke.

Logan- "Last month when we talked about everything I realized that I don't need this reminder anymore, because you remind me everyday without even knowing it... I wanted to give this to you because it means a lot to me. And I want you to know that this is my way of always being with you, even if I'm not right beside you." He said while still holding my hand and rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

Logan- "I want you to feel free from your past. I told you I would help you. This key is my promise... I'm here. I've got your back no matter what."

I felt my cheeks turn red as I smiled widely at him. I leaned in, crashing my lips against his. I could feel him smile as I kissed him. I pulled away slightly, staying close to his lips. I bit my lip and whispered as I remained close to his lips.

Lisa- "You know it's really cute that you smile while we're kissing." I said with a smirk while letting out a small laugh.

Logan- "I can't help it... Your lips make have a hold over me I guess." He said while laughing and pecking my lips once more.

I grabbed the necklace in my hand and smiled.

Lisa- "I've seen you wear this so many times before. How come you didn't tell me what this meant to you?" I said as the smile remained on my face.

Logan- "Because explaining what that one simple word means to me is really hard to do. Freedom is the single thing that I needed to stop blaming myself for everything that happened."

Lisa- "Do you still blame yourself?"

Logan- "No, because I chose to let it go. I'm giving it to you because you have a choice. You can hold onto the past, you can keep letting it hurt you and haunt you as time passes by... Or you can choose to let it go, it might be slow but eventually you will have freedom."

I looked down at the necklace and smiled gently. I held the key between my fingers as I looked up and pecked his lips. He smiled widely and looked at me.

I think it is really me that's scared of leaving for tour. I don't want to lose him. He's been so incredible and kind. It makes me nervous to leave.

But as I looked down at the key I remembered his words and it made me smile. It reassured me that I don't need to be scared about the future. ''This key is my promise... I'm here.''

I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as I played those words over and over in my head.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say!(: