Get a tissue (maybe)

Bonnie's POV

"It's your mother, something's happened", the nurse informed me and I jumped up. "What?!", I screeched, not stuttering. The IV's ripped out, but I could care less. "What happened?", Freddy asked as the nurse walked over, reinserting the tube. "All I know is she was shot at point blank, I'll try to find out more information for you. Please sit back down", she spoke and made me lay back on the bed. I felt tears prick my eyes and grabbed Freddy's hand tightly, shaking slightly.

The nurse left and Freddy sat beside me. I looked up at him and let tears drip down my cheeks, shaking in fear. I already lost my father..I can't lose my mother.. "Please calm down..", Freddy whispered and wiped my tears, kissing my cheek gently. I wanted to scream in his face that he doesn't understand, but I stayed quiet. I pressed the button for the nurse, watching the door. A different nurse came in and looked at me,"yes?"

"I want to know what happened to my mother", I spoke, again without stuttering. She walked over and sat beside me, looking at me. "From what I heard, a burglar broke into your home and when your mother went to see what was going on, the person shot her in the head. She's currently in critical condition and it's touch and go for the moment", she informed me and I let more tears fall from my eyes. "What's the percentage of her surviving?..", I asked and she sighed silently.

"It's probably 25/75 right now.. We have the best doctors working on her", she spoke gently and I began sobbing loudly. I probably looked and sounded disgusting, but I don't care, I want my mom to be okay. Freddy wrapped his arms around me and I immediately pushed my face to his neck. He began to whisper sweet nothings in my ear, trying to console me.

The door opened again, but I kept my face to Freddy's neck. "Bonnie?", a new voice asked softly and I slowly peeked out. I looked at the bloodied doctor and he looked genuinely upset. "I'm so sorry for your loss..your mother passed away..", he spoke gently and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. "NO! SHE'S NOT DEAD! YOU'RE LYING!", I screeched and cried harder than before, ripping out the IV's and running out of the room.

"BONNIE!", Freddy yelled after me and chased me, eventually catching up to me and pulling me into his chest. "Shh, it's okay", he spoke softly and held me there, as I cried into his chest. "No! It's not okay!", I screamed loudly into his chest, trying to let out all my emotions at the same time.

The doctor walked over and put a hand on my shoulder gently,"we tried our best..I'm sorry". I wanted to wrap my hands around his throat, but I restrained myself. How can he say he's sorry when he didn't even know her?! Freddy picked me up, bridal style and held me as close as possible. "You're gonna stay with me until we find out what to do", he whispered and kissed my head softly.