|eighteen|

I laid around in my nightgown all day waiting for Anakin to return to his apartment. I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do. Even Annora had something to do, we had been on Coruscant for a day and she was already meeting new people. I kind of missed Altre and the people. 

"Corinna?" I rolled out of bed and stood to my feet. I rushed towards the door and smiled at Anakin. He looked tired and worn out but he covered it with a smile. 

"How was your day?" I asked. 

"Tiring, how was yours?" 

I watched Anakin remove his belt and place it on the dresser. I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders. 

"Boring. How come I can't leave your apartment while you're gone?"  I asked. He had asked me to stay here during the day but never gave me an answer as to why. 

"In case the masked man finds out that you're here." he walked up to me until there was only an inch of space between us. I wrapped my arms lightly around his neck and admired him, his arms were neatly wrapped around my waist. I felt so safe in his arms. 

"You are being paranoid." I chuckled. 

"I just don't want anything to happen to you." he muttered, giving me a soft smile. I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes. 

"I have an idea." I said suddenly through the silence. 

"What would that be?" Anakin chuckled. 

"What if you teach me how to protect myself. You know, for when I'm alone." I said. Anakin bit his lower lip and thought about it for a minute. 

"Please, it would be good for me and that way you won't have to watch over me all the time." I said, trying to convince him. He glared down at me before nodding. 

"Fine, but we can start later." Anakin said. I nodded my head and smiled from ear to ear. 

"Thank you." I muttered. 

-

ONE WEEK LATER

I was sprawled out across the bed reading yet another book. That seemed to be the only interesting thing I could do. I had only been here for a week and I had already read through five books. Anakin still hasn't taught me anything on how to protect myself and I was starting to think that my parents were close to finding out where I was. 

I closed the book and got off the bed. It was getting late out and Anakin still hadn't returned. Apparently, he had a mission and would be gone for sometime. He didn't know how long but I hoped that he would be back soon. I was really starting to miss him. 

All of a sudden I heard someone run into the room. I turned my head to see Annora rushing over to me with a great huge smile. 

"Corinna!" she shouted in my ear. I shushed her and put my hands on her shoulders to calm her down a little.

"What do you want?" I said with a chuckle. 

"Want to go out tonight?" she asked, nearly jumping up and down with excitement. 

"I can't, Anakin said-" 

"Come on!" Annora interrupted me. I pressed my lips together. 

"It could be dangerous." I said quietly. Annora rolled her eyes and sighed. 

"It will be fine. I just want to hang out at the lower levels and go to the Outlander Club." she smirked and threw me a wink. 

"Fine. But I don't know when Anakin will be back. If he returns and I'm gone, he'll freak out." I muttered. 

"Just leave him a note." she suggested, searching the room for paper and a pen. I sighed and gave in, writing down a note for in case Anakin returned while I was out. 

"Now go get dressed." Annora said, pushing me towards the bathroom. 

-

Annora rushed me down the streets of the lower level on Coruscant. The people down here called in the underworld, down here the sun wasn't a thing. There was creatures everyone, pushing past one another to get to their destination. Annora and I seemed so small compared to everyone else. 

"So where is this club?" I asked her over the loud noise of everyone talking. 

"Just a little further." she yelled back at me. I sighed and tried keeping up with her, making sure I didn't lose her in this crowd. 

Annora had told me that this Outlander Club was a gambling and nightclub. I don't know why she decided to take me here instead of some place more safe. I was starting to get a little paranoid that someone was following us. Eventually, Annora pushed me into the club. It was dark but a bunch of low colored lights made the place dim. Loud music was being played and I couldn't really hear myself think. All around us were creatures of all types.

"Let's get something to drink!" Annora shouted over the music. She grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the bar in the center of the large club. I squeezed through some people and sat down in one of the chairs. 

Suddenly, a human man came up next to me. I turned to him and gave him a fake yet polite smile. He just stared at me as I turned my head back to the bartender who was taking Annora and I's orders. 

"Wanna buy some death sticks?" the man next to me asked. I turned back to him in confusion. 

"Death sticks?" I asked. 

He pulled out a few small tubes containing a luminescent liquid. I glared at them in his hand and shook my head seeing as he looked horrible. 

"No thank you." I said in disgust. I heard him sigh and turn to Annora.

"How 'bout you?" he asked, nodding his head towards her. She peered down at the tubes in his hand and smiled. 

"Sure!" she shouted before downing her drink and pulling out a load of cash. I glared at her, was she nuts? She handed him some cash and he handed her one of those tubes. 

The man disappeared and Annora popped open the top of the tube and downed the liquid. I cringed as she gulped it down. Her eyes grew big and she started laughing. 

"I'm going to go dance." she shouted. I chuckled at her and turned back to the drink that was in front of me. Once again, I seemed to be bored out of my mind. 

I took a sip of the thick liquid that was in my cup and almost gagged. It tasted horrible, like something had died in my mouth. I pushed the cup away and got out of the seat. I walked over to where I saw Annora last and tapped on her shoulder while she was dancing with some guy. 

"I'm going to go!" I shouted over the music. She nodded and continued dancing as if I hadn't disturbed her. 

I sighed and quickly exited the club. The air outside was less stuffy and obviously less loud. I made my way down the street, trying to remember what way was home. I pushed past dozens of people and tried not to feel paranoid. 

-

ANNORA'S POV

I pushed myself away from the bar and found a random guy to dance with. The music pounded through my body. Not a moment later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head while dancing to see Corinna. She looked bored out of her mind. 

"I'm going to go!" she shouted. I nodded and turned my attention back to the random guy I was dancing with. 

Soon she was gone and I pushed myself off of the guy. I made my way to the back of the club and went through the back entrance to the alley behind the club. It was dark and scary out here but it didn't bother me, I could take care of myself. 

I walked down the damp alley until I reached my destination. I stood by the dumpster and waited for only a minute or two. 

"Annora, I'm glad to see that you made it." I heard the deep voice come up from behind me. I turned and smiled from ear to ear. 

"So what did you want?" I asked with a smirk playing on my lips. He walked out of the dark and into the street light. I walked up to him and placed my hands on his cold mask.

"You don't need to wear that around me." I whispered to him. Slowly, I removed the mask to see his scarred and burned face. But I knew that inside he was still the man I fell in love with. 

A smile crept on his lips. I rolled my eyes playfully and laughed. 
"I hate when you read my thoughts." I muttered. 

"I only do it because you allow me to." he said. I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and kissed him tenderly. 

After a heated kiss, I pulled away and stepped back a little. 

"So my dear, are you going to do what I asked you to do?" he asked sweetly. 

"Yes, of course. I want her to trust me first." I said. He folded his hands behind his back and looked down. 

"I wanted you to kill her not become friends with her." he said in a less sweet voice. 

"I know and I will, I promise." 

"Good, because every time I try to kill her, that Jedi scum saves her." he growled. 

"Anakin Skywalker trusts me too, this mission will be easy." I said calmly. 

He made his way over to me and smiled. 
"I love you." I whispered to him.

"I love you too." 

-

whaaaaaaa??? okay I am starting to get some knew ideas and I am excited about this plot twist!