|forty-one|

A FEW DAYS LATER

I woke up to the bright light of the sun shining on my face. I pulled my eyes open slowly, rubbing them to get them to adjust to the sudden brightness. I turned my head to see a sleeping Anakin at my side. I smiled at how peaceful he looked in this moment.

Eventually, I rolled out of bed. I threw my dark blue cover over my bare shoulders and waltzed out of the small room. Obi-wan and Padmé sat on the blue couches, talking about something I couldn't hear yet.

"Good morning." I mutter towards them. They look up at me and smile at the same time.

"Good morning, Corinna." Padmé says with her toothy smile. Obi-wan mutters a 'good morning' too but he seemed to have something else on his mind. I decided to let it slip. I sat down next to Padmé on the couch and listened in on the conversation.

"Someone reported a sighting of Annora this morning." Obi-wan informed me and Padmé. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where?" I heard someone say from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Anakin walking into the room. He had a nasty look on his face and I immediately missed how peaceful he was earlier. Obi-wan cleared his throat as Anakin sat down next to him.

"Here." he uttered.

"But my source wasn't sure it was her. It could have easily been a mistake." Obi-wan continued. I pressed my lips into a straight line before suggesting something wild.

"If it's her then we should go after her." I said, not regretting it. Anakin scrunched his face at me in confusion.

"Why?" he said.

"She wouldn't be expecting it. If we catch her off guard then we can take her down easily." I explained, it would be a smart idea if she was actually here. Obi-wan ran his hand through his hair before nodding.

"I think it would work." he said. Anakin looked back and forth between Obi-wan and I, still not understanding my logic behind the plan.

"Come on Ani, this needs to end now." I said in a low voice. I heard him sigh slightly before eventually agreeing.

-

I quickly changed into the outfit Padmé laid out for me. It was a pair of tight black pants and a black shirt. She handed me large black scarf to wrap around my shoulders and create a hood to throw over my head. Padmé walked into the room after I was dress. She wore a similar outfit so that we would stay hidden in case Annora spotted us first.

"We should go." she said quickly. I nodded my head slightly before rushing out of the room. I glanced at Anakin, he was wearing the normal Jedi tunic with his lightsaber at his hip.

We all crammed in the elevator and left the apartment to hunt down Annora. I knew it wouldn't be an easy job but if we were to ever get rid of her, now would be the time. It was late out and a bit chilly but the scarf around my body kept me warm.

Before Padmé and I walked away, Anakin grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him.
"Be careful." he muttered. I nodded my head.

"You too." I say before turning around and walking away from the Jedi with Padmé.

We walked down the Entertainment District of Coruscant. It was busy tonight, it benefited Padmé and I because we could hide in the crowds. It would be harder to find Annora but I trusted that Anakin and Obi-wan would be able to sense her if she was near.

"Keep your eyes open." Padmé mumbled towards me. I didn't reply but continued to scan the large sea of creatures. I turned my head to see the Outlander Club. The memory of being there with Annora made me sick before a light bulb went off in my head.