|twenty-one|

Anxiety gnawed at me while I made my way home to Altre. Anakin sat calmly at my side. I felt knots forming in my stomach. 

"Everything will be fine Corinna." I heard Anakin mutter. I glanced over at him and gave him a warm smile. 

"As long as I have you by my side, I know everything will be okay." I said. Anakin grabbed my hand and squeezed it. 

-

Too soon did we land on Altre. I wished that I had more time to decide on what I was going to say. Right now the only thing I could say was 'sorry'. Anakin and I got off the ship together and made the trek towards the palace I grew up in. 

I walked down the path that lead to the front door of the palace. I chewed on my lower lip, I almost thought that I was going to chew it off. 

"Everything will be fine." Anakin reassured me. I nodded and rushed a little ahead of him.

I stood in front of the palace doors. Oddly, there was no guards standing out front like usual. I frowned and slowly opened the doors. It was dark inside and a little too quiet for my liking. 

I turned around to Anakin, he was quickly running to my side and then slipping past into the dark palace. I was hesitant to enter the house but I had to make sure my parents were okay. I rushed into the palace and tried to keep up with Anakin. I noticed that he was pulling his lightsaber out. 

He turned back towards me and gestured for me to come closer to him. I did so and he held me close to him as we walked up the grand staircase. 

"Anakin, I'm scared." I whispered to him.

"I don't sense any danger." he said. 

-

Anakin reached the top of the steps before me. I stood back and frowned. Anakin turned towards me and looked upset. I ran up the rest of the steps next to Anakin. 

I was horrified by the sight. A loud scream escaped my lips and my eyes filled with tears. I rushed down to my mother who was on the floor, blood dried on her face and her eyes were glued shut. 

I held her head in my hands and cried. 

"Mother?" I carefully shook her. When I didn't get a response, I leaned my head down trying to listen for a heartbeat. 

"Corinna?" I heard a soft voice whisper in my ear. I lifted my heavy head and looked into my mothers eyes. 

She smiled at me. I smiled through the tears that were falling down my face. 
"You came back." she said, lifting her bloody hand to my cheek. 

"Of course I came back." I muttered. 

"I love you so much." she said, a few tears falling from her eyes. 

"I love you mother." I pushed some scattered hair out of her face and left my hand resting on her cheek. 

Suddenly her smile faded. 

"Your father...betrayed us." she choked out. I stared at her, what did she mean?

"What?" I exhaled. 

"He did this." she said. I looked down at what was causing my mother to slowly die. A dark red circle stained her dress where she was stabbed with a blade. 

A few more tears raced down my cheeks. 

"How could he?" I cried out. 

I held her tighter as she stared at me with tears in her eyes. And all at once it seemed like my world was falling down around me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I watched in pain as my mother took her last breath in my arms. Her eyes slowly closed shut for the last time. I burst into tears as I felt my heart shatter. A sharp pain filled my chest and I couldn't seem to get any air into my lungs. 

"Corinna." Anakin breathed from behind me. I didn't bother turning around, I couldn't. 

Suddenly, I felt his strong arms wrap around me in comfort. I leaned my back against his chest and cried for what felt like hours. 

-

I sat on the small couch in the dark den. I stared at the roaring fire emotionless. Anakin sat diagonal with me. He watched me carefully, I wanted to say something to kill the awkward silence but I didn't know what to even say. 

I cleared my throat and shifted so that I was facing him. 

"How did you deal with your mothers death?"  I asked. Anakin looked at me for a minute and thought about what to say at first. 

"I didn't really deal with her death." he started. 

"After she died...I killed every Tusken Raider in that camp. The men, women...even the children." he said. I stared into his eyes, tears slowly began filling his and mine. 

"I slaughtered them like animals." he muttered angrily. 

A tear or two slipped down my cheek. I felt angry and rage when my mother told me that my father was behind this. All I wanted to do was make him pay for what he did to my mother. 

"I want him to die." I choked out. Anakin looked at me confused for a moment before understanding. 

"My father deserves to die." I said. Anakin rushed out of his seat and next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his body. He was radiating warmth. 

Anakin opened his mouth to say something but before a word came out, a loud boom exploded throughout the palace. I jumped up and looked at Anakin quickly. 

"Where did that come from?" I asked, racing out of the den. Anakin followed but then ran out of the palace completely. I chased after him into the darkness of the night. 

I turned towards the path that lead to the city. A large cloud of smoke rose up from the ground. I covered my mouth with my hand to keep myself from screaming. I raced down the path knowing that Anakin was closely behind me. I could hear him calling after me but I ignored him. 

I reached the city to see it in ruins. The buildings were torn down and people ran screaming. Fires were braking out everywhere. 

I watched in horror as men dressed head to toe in white armor stormed around with blasters, shooting people left and right. Anakin raced up next to me and pulled me back. 

"Get to the ship!" he shouted at me. 

"I can't just leave them here!" I shouted back. The sound of people crying out for help and screaming in horror, sent shivers down my spine. 

"I will help them." he said sternly. I glared at him for a moment before nodding. 

Anakin pulled out her lightsaber and ignited the blue flame. 

I jumped back a little when he began tearing through the armor of Stormtroopers. All of a sudden, I saw a little boy, no older than five, running towards me. Tears streaming down his face. 

He ran into my arms. I scooped him up and held him tightly as I began to panic. I looked forward and saw a stormtrooper aimed his blaster towards me. 

I turned around with the boy in my arms and raced away. 

The cold air filled my lungs, I didn't stop running until I was safely at the ship Anakin and I arrived in. I set the boy down and looked at him. His face was red and he had a small cut on his forehead. 

"Princess Corinna? What's going on?" he cried out. I looked down at him with tears in my eyes. I forced myself not to cry, I didn't want to worry him more. 

"I don't know, but we need to find your parents." I said, out of breath. He shook his head rapidly. 

"Those men hurt them." he cried out. I knew that he didn't quiet understand that his parents were gone. 

"What's your name?" I asked quickly.

"Paxton." he said as his lip began to quiver. I hugged him and carefully lifted him up. 

I boarded the ship with Paxton and situated him in a seat. I had no idea what was going on and what do to. Honestly I was scared but I knew this was a time that my people needed me. 

I had to step up and be more than just a helpless princess.

-

I hope this story is still good. Sorry for any spelling errors.