|eight|

I walked down the streets in town and admired all the people laughing and having fun. They ran around with banners and flags, celebrating the winter season. 

I laughed at the little kids pelting each other with perfectly round snow balls. Suddenly I felt something hit my shoulder. I reached my hand to feel a cold, wet spot. I looked up to see Anakin with a smile on his face and another snow ball in his hand. 

"Oh you didn't!" I laughed, scooping up a handful of snow and forming a ball. Anakin threw his pre-made one but barely missed me. 

I threw mine and made contact with his chest. He grabbed more snow and tossed it at my, nailing my in the side. I giggled and ducked behind a pile of snow someone had built. I peaked over it and noticed Anakin had disappeared. My smile faded and I searched the crowd for him. 

All of a sudden I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pick me up. 
"Ani! Put me down!" I said through a fit of giggles. 

He said nothing and carried me over to a fluffy looking pile of snow. 
"Anakin if you dare!" I started before he tossed me in. I yelped before the snow surrounded me. 

I heard him dying of laughter as I tired to push myself out of the snow. 

"I hate you." I said jokingly. 

He grabbed my hand and helped me to my feet. 
"I'm sorry, I had to." he said once his laughter died down. 

My stomach growled and I smiled. 
"Let's get something to eat." I suggest. He nodded and let me lead the way to one of the food stands. 

I admired the foot and hot chocolate that was set out for people. 
"Have you ever had hot coco?" I asked Anakin. 

"No, it's always been too hot on Tatooine." he chuckled. I mentally hit myself for asking him such a stupid question. 

"It's amazing." I said, grabbing two cups and pushing one into his hands. I watched him anxiously as he took a sip. It took him a minute to decide whether or not he liked it. The smile that formed on his lips told me that he liked it. 

I smirked and grabbed the holiday bread that was offered. I handed a piece to Anakin and we walked away from the stand to allow other people to get the snacks. 

I walked over to the fountain that sat in the middle of the town and sat down. Anakin sat next to me and scarfed down the bread and downed the hot coco. 

"So..." he said with his mouth full. He didn't continue until he swallowed and wiped his mouth. 

"How come everyone here is so kind and in peace?" he asked. I smiled and admired the happy faces on everyone around us. 

"For years our people have learned to be in peace with each other. There had never been a dispute for hundreds of years." I said. 

"I wish things were like that on Coruscant." 

"All the Jedi want is peace and we can never seem to find it. But here..." he said breathlessly, looking around.

"Everything is perfect." he looked back down at me. The smile was still on his face and it never seemed to dwindle. I admired his smile and felt butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't seem to find anything to say.

After a few moments of silence and awkward eye locking, Anakin stood up and stuck his hand out to help me up. 

"I think we should go." he muttered. I looked into the sky to see that it was getting dark but the festival would go on all night and I wasn't ready to leave. 

"A few more hours please." I begged Anakin. He bit his lower lip and I had to admit it was pretty hot. I pushed that thought out of my head and waited for his answer. 

"Corinna, you know we can't stay out past dark." he sighed. 

"Please Anakin, as long as I'm with you I'll be safe." I pressed my hands together and started to beg him more. 

"Remember what happened last time..." 

I groaned and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Come one, don't be lame." I said. Anakin playfully rolled his eyes and eventually gave in. 

"Fine, but only for a few hours." he pointed a finger at me and I jumped for joy before wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled away from him and smiled from ear to ear. 

"Princess Corinna!" I turned my head to see a group of kids calling me. I raced over to them to see what they wanted. 

"Will you help us build a snowman?" the smallest girl asked. I rapidly nodded my head and helped them roll a ball of snow across the ground. 

Once it was large enough I helped them make another one but smaller than the last. Soon, we finished the body and all the was left was to add the details.

"I'll go find some pebbles." a small boy said before racing off. Two girls ran off to find a carrot for the nose and sticks for the arms. I was left alone, waiting for the kids to return. 

"You're very good with kids." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Anakin staring at me. 

"I love children." I muttered, watching the children running around and laughing.

"Do you want children in the future?" he asked abruptly. I laughed a little before looking at him.

"Of course." I said with a small laugh. He sat down next to me and admired the kids with me. 

"I do too." 

I looked at him, he was looking forward and ignored that fact that I was staring at him. I felt my heart swell with sorrow because I knew he would never have children due to the Jedi Code. The air surrounding us filled with silence. 

Eventually the children returned and we finished the snowman, Anakin even helped. After we were done, the children wanted to here a Jedi story. Anakin chuckled and he sat down on the fountain. The children gathered around him and I sat down next to him.  

I listened closely to every word that left his mouth. He enjoyed telling his story, I could see it in his eyes. I could tell that he loved being a Jedi and I knew that if he pursued whatever was between us then he would be giving all of it up. And I couldn't let him ruin his future for some thing I felt. 

-

this chapter is just a filler but I wanted to update. :) Hope you guys are enjoying this story, it's kinda slow but I just wanted to work on Anakin and Corinna's relationship.