|thirty|

I sat in the leather seat across from the head of the high council. He glared at me for a moment before speaking.

"I will take over as King until you shall return." he said quickly. I pressed my lips together, upset that I had no say in who took my place.

"If I return." I corrected him. His face lit up a bit, he must have been happy that I might not be returning to take back my place.

"What do you mean?" he asked. I slightly shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know if I will ever return to Altre." I explained. He nodded his head and smiled.

"Very well. I must get going now, thank your your highness." he said before standing up and leaving the room. I sighed before standing up myself and exiting.

Outside the room was Anakin. He hadn't wanted to leave my side since he came back. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a soft smile.

"I'm ready to go." I said to him. He looked down at me and nodded his head.

"Your things are already on the ship." I grabbed his hand in mine and interlocked our fingers.

-

I got off the ship on Coruscant. Anakin and Obi-wan walked a little ahead of me, I was a little upset that I couldn't be close to Anakin in public. I just wanted to be near him and I kiss him. But I also didn't want to get him in any sorts of trouble.

We walked all the way up to Anakin's apartment in silence.

"I must get going. I will see you later." Obi-wan said to Anakin and I. Before he left, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you Obi-wan, for everything." I whispered to him. Obi-wan smiled and pulled away from me.

"Anytime your highness." he said before leaving. I turned back to Anakin.

He smirked at me the minute the door closed behind Obi-wan. I strolled over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, our faces only inches apart.

"I'm so happy I'm here with you." I said to him. He smiled down at me and held his hands on my hips.

Slowly, he leaned down and closed the space between us. I kissed him softly and slowly. His lips were soft and tender like I remembered them. As I kissed him, all of my other worries seemed to disappear.

Moments later he pulled away from me. I sighed slightly, not wanting to stop kissing him anytime soon. I stared into his blue glimmering eyes, I fell in love the more I looked into them.

-

I stood next to Anakin on the balcony, leaning over the railing slightly. Neither one of us had said anything for a short while, but it wasn't the awkward silence that made you feel like you were suffocating. I looked over the city, the tall buildings towered over the small people who looked like ants from up here.

"Obi-wan told me that you wouldn't leave without helping out your people." Anakin said, breaking the silence.

"I couldn't just let them all die." I said. I felt Anakin's gaze on me. I kept my eyes forward, watching the speeders fly past through the night.

Another long moment passed before he said something. The entire time I knew he was looking at me.

"You went from the girl who needed saving to the girl who saved others." he said. I turned my head to look at him now. He was giving me a toothy grin. I playfully rolled my eyes and laughed.

"I had to do what was right." I said quietly.

"You're a hero."

My cheeks heated up immediately. I turned away so that Anakin wouldn't see me blush. I didn't know what to say that wouldn't make me sound cocky or over confident. I shrugged my shoulders slightly before calming myself down.

"You taught me to not be afraid." I said to him. Anakin placed his fingers under my chin and turned my face towards him. He lowered his head and kissed me on the lips.

Suddenly, I felt the presence of someone behind us. I quickly pulled away from Anakin and jumped back a little. I snapped my head towards the door leading out onto the balcony. Obi-wan looked at us with a small smirk.

"You two have to be more careful." he said with a chuckle. I put my fingers on my lips to cover a slight giggle. Anakin looked flushed at Obi-wan.

Obi-wan cleared his throat before walking further out on the balcony. I rubbed the back of my neck, suddenly feeling awkward that Obi-wan had just caught Anakin and I.

"Master Windu has assigned us another mission." Obi-wan started. I frowned, remembering the last time I was on Coruscant. Anakin was almost never with me, he was always on missions.

"What is it?" Anakin asked politely, trying to ignore the fact that I was clearly upset.

"There is another threat against the Senator." he started. Anakin suddenly looked shocked or afraid, I couldn't quite place what he was feeling.

"Another one? I thought we took care of that years ago." Anakin said. I looked back and forth between the two men discussing in front of me. I wanted to ask Anakin why he seemed like he didn't want to go on this mission.

"Yes well, there is another assassin after her. She was pleased with our work last time that she has requested the two of us again." Obi-wan explained.

"Is she still here on Coruscant?" Anakin asked. Obi-wan shook his head slightly.

"She is on her home planet, and we leave tomorrow morning." Obi-wan said swiftly. Anakin nodded and waited for Obi-wan to leave before finally turning his attention towards me.

"I don't want you to leave me again." I said before Anakin had a chance to say anything.

"I have to go." he muttered. I frowned again, I didn't want to seem like a clingy girlfriend. I nodded my head and took my lower lip in between my teeth. Suddenly Anakin's face lit up.

"Why don't you come with me?" he asked, half yelling in my ear. I scrunched my eyebrows and glared at him.

"It's not my place..." I drifted off. Anakin smiled from ear to ear and stood right in front of me.

"No, it's fine. Padmé won't mind. I'm sure she'll love you." he said. I thought about it for a minute. I did want to stay by Anakin's side but I felt as if it would be awkward if I went with.

"Please, you will love Naboo." he continued to beg until I gave in.

"Okay, fine. I'll go with you." I said with a small smile. Anakin laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up off the ground slightly. I locked my arms behind his neck and kissed him on the lips.

-

okay so originally I wasn't going to add Padmé in this story but after a few people mentioned her I thought it would be a good idea and an interesting new plot to add.

I do really love Padmé so I'm excited to include her now.