|thirty-three|

The sun rose on Naboo, slowly warming everything from the cold night. It was very early in the morning and no one else was awake, I knew that. I wanted nothing more than to close my heavy eyes again but I just couldn't seem to stay asleep. I rolled over from my back onto my side. I watched Anakin sleep peacefully, how could he look that peaceful? It amazed me.

I watched his chest rise and fall constantly as if to the beat of a slow song. He twitched in his sleep slightly, causing me to laugh. I covered my mouth to keep from waking him up.

Suddenly, his eyes shot open. His blue eyes adjusted to the sunlight that was shining through the window curtains. His head slightly turned to the side, he noticed that I was awake. A comforting hum escaped his lips.

"Good-morning." I said. A tired smile formed on his lips.

"Morning." he hummed in a soft yet husky voice. I stared into his eyes for a second longer before letting a long and amplified sigh. I rolled out of the comfortable bed and threw on a cover over my bare shoulders. I could feel Anakin's eyes following me as I moved across the room.

As I grabbed some clothing to change in, someone softly knocked on the wooden door. Anakin jumped up from the bed and answered the door. I felt my cheeks heat up at the sight of Anakin shirtless.

He swung the door open and allowed the person to enter the room. I bit the inside of my cheeks as Padmé walked into the room. She smiled at me quickly.

"Breakfast is ready, whenever you two are ready you can head to the dining room." she said in a modulated voice.

"Thank you Padmé." I said, clearing my throat and waited for her to leave. As she was leaving, she placed a hand on Anakin's bare shoulder and sauntered out of the room. I rolled my eyes at Anakin as he closed the door behind him.

"Don't be jealous." he said with a chuckle. I groaned and cocked my head to the side.

"Did you not just see that?" I asked, gesturing to the door. He smiled and shook his head.

"She obviously still likes you! And she hates me because we're together." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. I may have been overreacting but from my point of view, she totally had feelings for him.

Anakin strolled over to me and snaked his arms around my waist. I touched his bare arms with my warm hands and admired his toned body.

"I already told you, the past is in the past." he whispered to me. I looked away from his eyes for a minute. I couldn't stand myself at the moment.

"I'm sorry, you're right." I whined. He always seemed to be right. He cupped my face and pecked my lips before rushing to get dressed.

-

"Breakfast was amazing Padmé." I complimented after wiping my mouth clean. Padmé smiled at me quickly before calling in someone to clean up the empty plates.

"So Padmé, shall we discuss the attempts of assassination?" Obi-wan brought up. I cleared my throat, followed by Padmé clearing hers.

"There have been two failed attempts so far." she said in a silvery voice.

"I know that is a bounty hunter. Who he was sent by? I don't know." she continued. I pressed my pink lips together as I listened closely to her.

"We will find out who is trying to end your life Senator." Anakin spoke up. Obi-wan shot him a hard look before returning to Padmé.

"All while protecting you." he said, trying to make up for Anakin speaking out of place. Padmé flashed a smile but I could tell that she was actually scared. I frowned, actually feeling bad for her.