|twenty-seven|

The words that left his mouth hit me like a rock. I felt almost lightheaded and dizzy. 

He didn't love me?

I choked back tears knowing that he lied to me because he didn't want me to leave everything behind. He had done so much for me already, all I wanted was to be with him. 

"You...don't love me?" I said. Anakin looked at his feet. A tear or two fell from my face but I wiped them away before he looked back up at me. 

"Then I guess if I love you..." 

"I should let you go." I choked out. Anakin looked me in the eyes and gave me a fake smile.

"You deserve so much more." he said to me. He came up to me and placed his hand on my cheek. I pressed my face into his hand and closed my eyes. 

"I know that you will make an amazing Queen." he said before removing his hand from my face. I opened my eyes again to see Anakin leaving the balcony. Before he left, he turned back around to face me again. This time with a toothy grin. 

"See you around your highness."

-

The next morning it was unusually hard for me to get out of bed. Ahmet was already out of bed and probably getting ready for the coronation today. After the events of last night, Anakin left this morning. He thought that being here would make things too hard. I knew he was right, I really did. But I needed him here, I wanted him here.

I eventually got out of bed and got dressed in a lavender colored dress with tight long sleeves. I combed through my hair before strolling down the corridor. I made my way to the living room to see Ahmet sitting on the couch with a drink in his hand. He looked upset and angry. 

"Are you okay?" I asked right as I walked in. He looked up and me and scoffed. 

"I saw you last night." he muttered. I scrunched my eyebrows before realizing that he must have meant that he saw Anakin and I together. I cleared my throat and tried to play it off cool. 

"What do you me?" I asked with a nervous life. 

"You and that Jedi." he said, getting up out of his seat and filling his glass cup halfway full. I opened my mouth to argue but he cut me off. 

"I should inform the Jedi Council about this." he said before chugging down most of his drink.

"You can't do that!" I shouted. Ahmet lifted his eyebrows and scoffed. 

"I won't, because I care for you." he started. I began to relax a little. 

"But I know that you do not care for me, and that hurts." he said with an over exaggerated frown. He slammed the cup down on the table and walked over to me until he was only inches from my face. 

"I want you to be with me, not because you have to." he whispered. His warm breath hit me and I jumped back. I had no clue what to say to him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to his lips. I quickly pulled away and gave him a disgusted look. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and pushed myself away from him. 

I quickly left the room and ran out the door into the sunlight. It was one of the warmer days and it felt good on my skin. But I couldn't enjoy it now,  I was angry and upset. I raced through the fields until I reached the shore of the lake. 

I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't dare turn around. 

"Corinna." I recognized the voice as Ahmet's. I rolled my eyes and snapped my whole body towards him. 

"What do you want?" I snapped. 

"I'm sorry, I was just upset." he said. I lightened up a bit, I understood why he was upset. 

"It's fine. I shouldn't have kissed Anakin anyways." I said, crossing my arms over my chest and looked down at my feet. 

"I get it, you don't love me and you never will."

"You don't know that, maybe I could learn to love you." I said, trying to lighten the mood a bit. Unfortunately it wasn't working. 

"You shouldn't have to learn to love me."

Suddenly our conversation was cut short by a palace guard racing towards us. He stood behind Ahmet and looked at me with worry. 

"Princess, there seems to be a problem." he said, out of breath. 

"What is it?" 

"I received a message that there has been a sighting of your father right outside of the town." he said in one breath. 

"Master Kenobi is checking now." he said. I nodded my head and dismissed him. I looked at Ahmet with worry. 

"We should head back to the palace where it's safe." he said, grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the palace. 

-

this is just a filler. lol sorry this sucks, I'm really tired.