|thirty-one|

"What's Naboo like?" I asked, sitting in the seat behind Anakin on the ship. He was in the passenger seat next to Obi-wan who was flying the ship. Anakin scoffed for a second before leaning his head over his shoulder.

"Do you ever stop asking questions?" Anakin asked. I shook my head and gave him a cheesy grin.

"Come on, just answer the question." I demanded. Anakin shrugged his shoulders slightly.

"It's a beautiful planet. But it's been a few years since I was last there." he said to me. I nodded my head and smiled. I was so excited to go to a new planet. I was practically jumping up and down in my seat, I hadn't felt like this in a long time. Obi-wan laughed at me but tried to keep it hidden.

I watched out the windshield as the planet got closer to us. It reminded me a lot of Altre from here. There was a lot of blue and green like Altre which made me more excited to visit Naboo.

"So tell me about this Senator you're protecting." I said, leaning in between Obi-wan and Anakin's seats.

"She used to be the Queen of Naboo until she resigned and became the Senator." Anakin said vaguely. I sighed and looked at Obi-wan. I felt as if Anakin was hiding something from me and I didn't like it.

"Her and Anakin are close friends." Obi-wan said in a way as if he was ratting out Anakin. I looked back at Anakin.

"I haven't seen her in years." he said. I felt unnerved when Anakin slightly blushed at the thought of this Padmé girl. I bit the insides of my cheeks and sat back in my seat. I pressed my lips together and didn't say another word until we landed on Naboo.

-

Obi-wan walked in front of Anakin and I. I walked close to Anakin as we got off the ship onto the beautiful planet of Naboo. I looked around at the idyllic world. It was definitely picturesque to me. I smiled at how much it reminded me of my home before it was destroyed. I took in the air and let it settle in my lungs. The air was fresh and clean, it relaxed me. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of a nearby waterfall and the sounds of birds chirping. I opened my eyes again a moment later. Ahead of us was a gorgeous palace, it was large and lavish. My jaw dropped, it was much larger than any palace I have ever seen.

A women exited the palace and began heading our way. She had a stunning dress on that flowed to the ground. Her hair was fairly long and perfectly styled without a single strand out of place. I pressed my lips together, she must have been the Senator. Now I knew why Anakin never told me about her. She smiled at the sight of Obi-wan and Anakin.

She raced to Obi-wan and engulfed him in a hug. She looked over Obi-wan shoulder and quickly released him.

"Ani?" she exhaled his nickname. I awkwardly folded my arms across my chest as she embraced him. I saw the look on Anakin's face when he saw her. I clearly knew now that they had a history, one that I wasn't sure I wanted to hear about.

"I missed you." she said to him, not letting go of Anakin anytime soon.

Anakin detached himself, sensing that I was feeling very uneasy. He looked at me which caused Padmé to also look at me. Her smile slightly disappeared at the sight of me, whether it was because she wasn't expecting me or not.

She quickly covered up her shock with a toothy smile. I too smiled, but it definitely wasn't genuine. Her hand extended, I copied her actions and firmly shook her hand.

"I'm Padmé." she said in a chirpy voice. I

"Corinna." I let go of her hand and rested it at my side. Padmé turned to Anakin for a further explanation on who I was and what I was doing here.

Anakin swallowed a lump in his throat, he didn't know what to say to her. This caused me to cross my arms over my chest again.

"She's a friend of mine. I protected her on Altre." he explained. My eyebrows scrunched together.

I was just a friend of his? I scoffed slightly but covered it up with a cough when I noticed that it came out rather loudly.

"She too was also a Queen." Anakin said to Padmé. I smiled at her, trying not to act totally jealous. I sighed, not wanting to stand here much longer. I left that conversation and made my way over to Obi-wan.

"Can you tell me more about their past?" I asked him once I caught up with him. He looked down at me and frowned.

"Some other time." he said shortly. I groaned, why wouldn't he just tell me?

Obi-wan started walking away from me but I quickly grabbed his upper arm and pulled him back to face me. He gave me a stern look which caused me to let go of him and mutter a soft 'sorry'.

"Please, it'll eat at me until I die." I whined. Obi-wan looked back at Anakin and Padmé, making sure they weren't heading our way. I also looked at them. A sudden rush of jealousy hit me when I saw them laughing with each other. Why was I feeling this way? I should trust that Anakin loves me.

"They've always been close to each other. That's all I know." Obi-wan said, heading towards the palace with some guards. I sighed a bit before following Obi-wan inside.

-

IN THIS STORY PADMÉ AND ANAKIN NEVER GOT MARRIED. But other things did happen.