|nineteen|

I continued to hit the punching bag over and over again. My knuckles were wrapped in white tap to protect them from getting torn up. Sweat dripped down my brow and rested on my shoulders. 

I hit the bag again and turned around, breathing heavily. 

"Can I do something else?" I asked in a groan. Anakin stood back, watching me. He had me punching this bag for hours and wouldn't let me stop. 

"No, you have to learn how to fight." he said sternly. I groaned again and threw my head back. 

"How is this teaching me how to fight?" I asked. 

"This is helping you gain stamina and build strength." he walked over to me and smiled. 

I tilted my head to the side. Anakin stood in front of me and kissed my forehead. 

"You wanted me to tech you how to protect yourself." he pointed out. I chuckled and shook my head from side to side. 

"I know, I just thought I'd get to do something with a blaster." I whined. 

"And you will, soon enough." 

"Fine, but I have to go. Annora and I have plans today." I said. Anakin bit his lower lip and made a face. 

"Do you really know that much about her?" Anakin asked. I looked at him confused. 

"Um yeah. Why?" 

"I don't know, I just don't know if I trust her." he shrugged his shoulders. 

"She rescued me and she's helped me a lot." I said. 

"Okay, but just be careful around her." 

I nodded carefully and smiled. 

"I'll see you later." I said before kissing him quickly and leaving the training room. 

I raced over to the apartment to clean up and get dressed and ready. I slipped on some pants and a shirt before looking at my mess of hair. I quickly brushed through it and pulled it into a messy ponytail. 

"Corinna? You here?" I heard Annora shout. I turned around to see her walking in. 

"Hey Annora, I'm ready." I said before rushing over to her side. 

We walked out the apartment together. Our conversations had changed a bit, they were more awkward. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She turned to me nervously and put on a fake smile.

"Yes of course." she lied. 

I pressed my lips together and let it slide. I walked down the side walk with her through all of the creatures. We eventually made it to the diner and were seated quickly. 

I sat across from Annora in the booth and watched her fiddle with her fingers. She was nervous or scared, maybe even both. 

"You're not okay." I stated. She looked up at me and shook her head rapidly. 

"No, I'm fine. Just tired, that's all." she lied again. 

I chewed on my lower lip and began to think about what Anakin said. Did I really trust Annora? In fact I didn't know much about her, I kind of just became friends with her. 

I stared at her until the waitress made her way over to us. Annora ordered for us and then looked at me. 

"Are you okay?" she asked putted emphasis on you. I scoffed and nodded. 

"Of course." I laughed awkwardly. I rubbed the back of my neck. 

I chewed on my low lip again and now I was the one to start fiddling with my fingers. I just wish this awkwardness would blow past already. I wanted to believe that Annora was a friend but now I couldn't be sure anymore. Our meal came quickly and I ate in silence. I could feel the awkward tension in the air and I had a feeling Annora felt it too. 

I cleared my throat a little while later and folded my arms across the table. Annora doing the same. 

"So what else do you want to do today?" Annora asked. I shrugged my shoulders and didn't make any eye contact. 

"I don't know, I might just head back to Anakin's apartment." I said quietly. 

"Aw, come on. I feel like we haven't hung out a lot lately." I shrugged again, not really knowing what else to do. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I've just been busy." I lied, scratching the back of my neck. 

"Oh, well you want to hang out tonight?" she asked. 

"Maybe you could just come over to Anakin's apartment. I don't really feel up to going out." I said. Annora nodded her head and smiled. 

"Sure, is Anakin going to be there?" she asked. I scrunched my face a little but then shook my head. 

"Nope, I think he had another mission." I said. 

"Do you know when he's coming back?" 

I shook my head once again and shrugged my shoulders, trying to relieve this awkward tension. 

"Either late tonight or early tomorrow morning." 

Annora smiled but quickly wiped it off her face. 

"Great, then I'll see you later."