|forty-five|

I stared at Padmé speechless. I had a mix of emotions running through my mind right now. Anger, worry, sadness, nervousness and fear to name a few. My lips were parted and my jaw hung a little.

"What?" I nearly shouted out of shock.

"I know, I know. But they're only suspicious, no one on the council knows for sure if it's just a rumor or not." Padmé said, trying to calm me down. But there was no way I was going to calm down.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked. Padmé cleared her throat and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Obi-wan suggested that you two stay away from each other until this whole thing blow over." Padmé said. I pressed my lips together tightly.

"And how long would that take?" I asked.

"I don't know. It could be a long time..." she said, drifting off at the end. She definitely wasn't sugar coating anything. I looked down at my hands that were folded in my lap, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"You have to get me out of here." I said quickly and quietly. Padmé glared at me in confusion before standing to her feet.

"Please." I begged, knowing that Anakin would most likely be watched carefully by the council. This might be the only chance I would get to see him. I jumped to my feet and hobbled into Padmé's arms. She smiled at me and helped me out the white metal door. The nurses were speeding past me and didn't seem to care about me and Padme walking by. They must have thought that we were just going for a walk.

"Hurry." I whispered to her as she rushed out of the glass doors and onto a landing pad. The medium sized silver ship sat in front of us. I was fairly surprised at how easy it was to get out of that medical center. Padmé helped me aboard the silver ship and I quickly sat down in one of the seats. My side was hurting extremely bad but I pushed the pain out of my head.

Padmé sat next to me and grabbed my hand in hers.

"Everything will be okay Corinna."

-

My eyes were glued shut as the ship traveled from the medical center to the apartment Anakin and I were staying in. My head hurt from the news I received today. I couldn't come up with a better idea then to stay away from Anakin until the time being. But I got no sleep because of my wondering thoughts, so I opened my eyes and sat up.

Padmé came into my view and gave me a soft smile.

"We're here." she uttered. I carefully pushed myself up off the seat and limped over to her. I wrapped my arm around her neck as she helped me walk off the ship and into the large apartments.
"We need to hurry." she whispered as she waiting for the elevator to take us up to Anakin's room.

I pressed my lips together, already having a horrible feeling in my stomach. It felt like hours waiting in that small elevator. My nerves were already on edge but started going crazy the moment the elevator stopped. Padmé and I stepped out of the small elevator and entered the apartment.

Obi-wan was sitting down on the couch in the middle of the main room. Across from him sat Anakin whose head was in his hands. Neither of them noticed I had entered until I spoke up.

"Ani." I called out. The brunette's head snapped up to look at me. A soft smile traced his lips when i made eye contact with him. I raced into his arms and held him close to my body. I felt my eyes brim with tears as he wrapped his strong arms around my small frame.

"What are you doing here?" I heard him say as we pulled apart. I rested my hands on his upper arms and stared into his deep blue eyes.

"I had to see you after I heard about what happened." I said, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. But I forced them back, I didn't want to Anakin to see me cry. He held me close in his arms for a brief moment before having to push me away.

"I have to go back to Tatooine now." he started before looking down at his feet.

"Obi-wan will take you back to your home planet now that Annora is gone. It should be safe your highness." Anakin said, taking another step away from me. I was confused at first but I then came to realize that there were two guards that had just walked in behind me.

"Oh, thank you Master Kenobi and Master Skywalker." I say, trying to hold my cringe back. Calling Anakin by his last name didn't slip off my tongue right. Anakin nodded his head before greeting the guards.

"Master Windu will be here shortly." one said, I didn't bother to turn around to see either men. Instead I turned to Obi-wan and gave him a soft smile, although it hurt because of the cut on my lip.

"Shall we head to Altre?" he asked, standing to his feet. A short and almost silent sigh escaped my lips as I nodded my heavy head. I glanced at Padmé and embraced my new found friend in a hug.

"I'll see you soon Corinna." she whispered in my ear.

"Visit soon." I muttered in her ear back before pulling away and bidding a casual goodbye to Anakin. I forced myself not to run into his arms one last time and kiss him softly. As I walked past him and out of the apartment, I could feel my heart being torn in half.

-

I am so so sorry for this horrible chapter! but I guess this is just a filler chapter at least that's what I'm calling it...plus this book is slowly coming to an end and I do not think that there will be a sequel, sorry :(