Chapter 43 - One Weird Dream

So me and Dan had made it home from Starbucks after some deep and in depth conversations where I got greeted with Phil and a big bag he handed it to me and I opened it to find all my favourite sweets and chocolates. I thanked them then headed to my room it was only about 8ish so it wasn't too late in my opinion. I went on twitter on my phone and looked at the trends to see #getsnapchatphil trending in 3rd place! I saw the original tweet which was a video of Phil using Snapchat on Caspar's account I decided to join in and since I have Snapchat I tweeted "@PhoebeBee: @AmazingPhil come on Phil join the dark side which is snapchat I know you can't deny or ignore anything when its trending #getsnapchatphil" he knew I was right and replied "@AmazingPhil: @PhoebeBee stop this is peer pressure all the high school lessons we learnt about it are returning!" 

Tonight felt weird I don't know why but I just did as I snuggled up into bed I fell to sleep and this time I had a nightmare disguised as a normal dream. I don't know how I got here but it didn't feel good I was laid in some sort of testing tank I tried to move but I couldn't I looked at my body to see bruises and cuts everywhere and on my left wrist I saw what looked like a tattoo which read "TS #234" I tried to figure out what TS stood for then I realized "Test Subject" then I looked at the number 234 I was the 234th person why me? I tried moving again trying to get out but then I heard movement and then the tank door opened I heard the air flow in and I took a deep breath in I heard someone say "good you're awake I've been waiting for your return" then I thought "I have I been here before" but I was snapped of my thoughts as they dragged me out and dragged me somewhere. I tried to focus on their faces but I couldn't, did they drug me so my sight was bad?

They took me to this stand up seat and locked me in place then jabbed needles with tubes and wires into my body all of a sudden I woke up in a forest I got up and heard the voice say "what do you see?" I said "a-a forest" I looked around seeing if I was alone or had company I walked a bit till I saw a bunch of numbers carved into a tree 230216 I tried to memorize the numbers they then said "tick tock time is running out" I mentally said "what am I looking for? A way out? Clues? Proof that I can control my dreams?"

As I returned from the dream I gasped for air then I saw blue liquid in a few of the tubes I heard a machine turn on and it made its way closer to me and then I could start to feel it they shouted "how do you do it!? We want answers" I shouted trying to ignore the pain that was now forming "I'm never going to tell you! I don't know myself!"

I got beaten and tortured since they couldn't see in my head I guess I was different and they didn't like it and today was getting gallons on water pummeled to me I tried to hold my breath but it didn't work so I was trying to shield my face so I could break then I heard "that's enough we need her alive" I heard the water shut off and I began to cough but I knew this wasn't the end they dragged my fragile body back to the machine they said "when you realize that you aren't like everyone else that's when it will get slightly easier" then with a push of a button a shock surged though my body triggering another dream. This time it was like I wasn't in a dream I felt the buckles on my wrists and ankles but they were loose I tugged on them and they unbuckled me next it was the needles and wires I knew every time I pulled one out it would hurt but I had to do it.

I stumbled out feeling disorientated I tried to walk but I fell to the floor I crawled to the desk it felt miles away I pulled myself up and sat on the chair. I let my eyes focus so nothing was blurred anymore after I noticed on a clipboard there were loads of information but in the top right hand corner another bunch of numbers 260216 I thought what could they mean. I noticed there were some photos attached I looked at them and noticed it was what they were doing to me, I put the photos down and saw another file it read Test Subject #042 I opened it and I saw a big stamp on it that said "Failed" I think they are doing what they did to them to me seeing if I can survive.

I flicked to the back and saw what they had done to the ones before me I screamed and jolted up to see I was back in the apartment. I saw both Dan and Phil rush in and turn my light on Phil said "Bee we heard you scream what's wrong?" I didn't want to worry them so I made up a lie and said after catching my breath "I'm okay it was a nightmare I just hadn't had one in years it was something about an apocalypse I think" they sat on the bed and hugged me Dan said "alright but you know where we are if you want to explain it to us" I nodded and gave them one final hug before they headed back to their rooms and turned my room light off but I put my bedside lamp on and pulled up my sleeves to see faint cuts and I could feel a few bruises one thought crossed my mind would I fall asleep and return?