Chapter 24 - Returning Home

So today was our last day our suitcases were pack and locked I was looking forward to go home but I'd miss this. Our flight was scheduled for 16:05 and we would be landing in the Uk about 10:40 it was a 10hr 20min flight i looked on what we had during the flight we had In-seat & USB power, On-demand video however No Wi-Fi, I went to go break the news to the lads i said "you know our flight back" Dan said "yeh why what's wrong?" i said well we have In-seat & USB power, On-demand video but..." he said "but what?" i said "there's no Wi-Fi on the flight at all" Phil said "I'll be alright I've downloaded movies and a few albums on to my laptop" I said "same so we are sorted I mean we have survived going to Florida without Wi-Fi" I looked at Dan he looked lost I said "Dan if we have to we can watch a film together i have brought my headphone splitter so we can watch them without sharing headphones" he agreed since we knew we would be sitting next to each other again but this time it wouldn't be awkward.

I looked around my room to see if i had forgotten anything but I didn't everything was packed and ready to go i grabbed my backpack and put Dan's hoodie around my waist he's not going to have it back anytime soon. it was lunch time so we dragged everything out of our hotel rooms and down to the lobby into the suitcase room and went to get lunch or breakfast in our case. Me and Phil had too many pancakes to count i think it was about 10 each or something whilst Dan only had a couple and got a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream topped with coco powder. It looked amazing after me and Phil devoured our tower of pancakes it was time to go, we grabbed our bags and headed to the coach that was waiting for us outside. We climbed aboard and headed to LAX airport i sat near the window and put my arm on the little ledge and put my chin onto my hand and watched out of the window at how different things are.

We had made it to LAX, we got our suitcases and bags then dragged them to check in, i handed my passport over and she said "did you have a nice trip miss Lester?" I said "yes it was brilliant" she smiled and said "there's your passport and ticket, enjoy your flight home" i thanked her and met back up with Dan and Phil and headed through customs/security and then we were airside basically where all the shops and stuff is. I dragged Dan & Phil to Starbucks again so i could have one last American drink before we left i ordered a grande hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate-flavoured drizzle. I paid and went to wait for my drink, soon enough it was made. After we all got our drinks we wandered around a bit then headed to the gate.

We boarded the flight, I sat down and buckled myself in and so did Dan our hands interlocked and I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt safe with him like I had known him for entire life. I felt the plane start to move I sat up in my seat but still had hold of Dan's hand. Soon enough we were heading into the sky.

We were about 30mins into the flight and the seatbelt sign had just gone off so I grabbed my laptop, headphone splitter and my purple Beats and Dan pulled out his black Beats from his bag. I sat back down in my seat logged in, I glanced over at Phil who was on his laptop it looked like he was watching some sport anime. I loaded up The Fault In Our Stars and put the laptop on the tray in front of us and I pressed play I knew I was going to cry but I was determined not to.

It was the end of the film and we were both in tears I said "it's always that part that gets me" he hugged me and said "and me" We pulled away and I started to wiped the tears away, Dan quoted "Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always" and that I started crying again we were both bad as each other Phil had to pause his anime to take the laptop off us so we couldn't cry anymore and handed us a few tissues before someone could call a stewardess. I had tears streaming of both happy and sad, Dan put his arm around me and pulled me into him. Every so often I'd feel his tears then I heard light snoring, I looked up to see he was asleep I snuggled into him and tried to get some sleep too.

I was jolted awake as the plane hit the tarmac of LHR the sun was shining through the plane Windows I sat up and said "Dan...Dan?" He mumbled something I smiled and said "come on sleepy head we have arrived were back home" I looked over at Phil who was packing his stuff away and getting ready I unbuckled my belt and started to grab mine and Dan's belongings from the overhead compartment. The plane finally stopped at the terminal gate and people slowly made their way off Dan was kinda awake but come on its Dan we are talking about! It was our turn to leave the plane I checked if I left anything behind which I hadn't, gave Dan his bag and then linked our hands together to guide him off the plane hoping neither of us would bang our heads.

After the nightmare of waiting for our luggage basically the situation was they had messed up where our bags would be it ended up being on 2 carousels so we had to try watch both looking out for our cases. Anyway we were now heading home and one thing I really wanted more than food and possibly Dan right now was my bed!