We need to talk

Calum and Liam sat on either side of Ashton while Ashton stared at the ground in silence.

"You haven't said anything in almost ten minutes." Calum sighed looking at Ashton. Ashton didn't respond.

"You have to talk to us." Liam said backing up Calum.

"I didn't even know you liked Luke." Calum spoke again.

Ashton continued to stare at the ground without so much as a word.

At that moment someone knocked on the door.

"Ashton." Luke's voice called from the other side of the door. The handle jiggled but Calum at locked it knowing Ashton wouldn't want to see Luke.

"Ashton, please open up. I need to talk to you."

Ashton still didn't move.

"Please, I meant what I said out there, can we please just talk?" Luke called out knocking again.

"Ashton, please."

"Luke, we need to talk." Jake's voice said followed by silence.

"Ash, it's Michael, can I come in please?" Michael's voice spoke up on the outside of the door.

Liam getting a nod of approval from Calum went to let Michael in.

"Ash, you alright?" Michael asked kneeling in front of the still silent Ashton.

Ashton didn't look up nor did he respond.

"He won't talk to us." Calum sighed.

"Ashton, look at me." Michael lifted Ashton's chin so he was looking at Michael.

"Why are you being so calm about this?" Michael frowned having expected to see tears in Ashton's eyes but instead he saw nothing. No sadness, no anger, nothing.

"I'm fine." Ashton answered simply.

"Why won't you talk?" Calum asked.

"I'm just processing everything." Ashton answered just as simply.

Micheal crossed his arms.

"I don't believe you."

"Okay." Ashton shrugged not caring.

"Stop, acting like this." Micheal snapped startling Ashton.

"Like what?" Ashton snapped back.

"Like this doesn't bother you. Luke cheated on you with his ex boyfriend, it's okay to be upset." Michael snapped again.

"I'm not upset." Ashton lied.

"You're lying." Michael growled.

"No, I'm not." Ashton argued.

"I saw the way you looked at Luke. I'm not stupid. You care about him and he fucked up, there is no way this isn't bothering you. It bothered you when he got pissed about you two sleeping together. It bothered you that he was an ass to you at first. It bothered you when he avoided you for two weeks. It bothered you that Jake was the one that showed interest in you. I know Luke cheating on you bothers you." Michael barked.