He left?

Ashton set the note he scribbled for Michael and Jake on the counter.

"You're sure this is what you want to do?" Liam asked as he watched Ashton grab his bags.

"Yeah, it's better this way." Ashton nodded.

Liam gripped Ashton in a hug.

"Take care." Liam smiled sadly as Ashton walked out the door.

Ashton threw his bags in the back of his CRV and climbed in the front. He took a deep breathe as he put in the address on his GPS that Jack had given him. He started down the road.

It had been a long night of crying and being angry and then sad and then angry again. It had been really late when Ashton had decided to leave this morning. Calum and Liam tried to convince him to stay but he refused. He couldn't bare to see Luke after what happened and he didn't want any tension in the house. It was supposed to be a vacation. Jack argued for Ashton to stay but again he refused.

Ashton threw his car in park and climbed out. It was nine so he hoped he wouldn't wake anybody as he knocked on the unfamiliar door.

A pretty blonde opened the door.

"Can I help you?" She asked obviously not knowing who Ashton was.

"Is Jace here by chance?" Ashton asked nervously.

"Oh, yeah come on in." She nodded allowing Ashton in. Ashton hesitantly followed her as she lead him down a small set of stairs. At the end of the stairs was a door. She knocked and waited for it to open.

"Hey, Em, what's-" Jace broke off mid sentence as his eyes landed on Ashton.

"This guy is here to see you." The blonde said before retreating back up the stairs.

"A-Ashton?" Jace frowned.

"Yeah." Ashton nodded swallowing hard.

"What are you doing here?" Jace asked.

"I was hoping we could talk." Ashton shifted uncomfortably.

"Uh, sure, come on in." Jace moved aside allowing Ashton in.

"I just wanted to apologize for last night." Ashton sighed running a hand through his curls.

"Why? You didn't do anything." Jace frowned.

"But I know that it upset you and-"

"Whoa, if either of us should be apologizing it should be me." Jace cut in.

"I didn't know you two were together. I never would have..." Jace trailed off not wanting to finish his sentence.

"It's not your fault." Ashton smiled.

"You know Luke always did have a thing for guys with dimples." Jace chuckled.

"I can see that." Ashton nodded noticing Jace's dimples digging into his cheeks.

"You two will make a great couple." Jace pursed his lips.

"We're not together anymore, in fact I'm on my way out. I just wanted to stop in and apologize." Ashton licked his lips nervously.

" Ashton licked his lips nervously