Don't Go...

**WARNING THIS IS A SAD CHAPTER...well I think it is......tissues at the ready**

5:05am...

Janette sat up in bed, her youngest son laying on her lap, pulling funny faces, 3 months old. Aljaz rolled over to Janette's side of the bed, reaching out for Caleb's tiny papery hand, his tiny fingers closing over his father's finger. "How long have you 2 been awake?" Aljaz asked, looking up at Janette with his puppy dog eyes. "Not long..an hour maybe...we lost track of time..didn't we buddy?" Janette said smiling down at her 3 month old. He let out a yawn, stretching his little arms out, arching his back. Carefully Janette picked him up and gently laid him down in his crib...like a little angel...so peaceful. Janette slid back into bed, wrapping herself up in Aljaz's arms, resting her head on his chest, at that moment they couldn't be happier...all the kids in bed asleep and now they were snuggled up together in bed....2 of the happiest people in the world....so in love..

6:00am....

There was a cry coming from the twins' room....Sasa...Aljaz and Janette leapt up out of bed, running to see what was wrong with their youngest daughter....Caleb still sound asleep in his crib, the baby monitor in Janette's hand, listening to every little snore of his, similar to a newborn piglet, but cuter...
Sasa was sat up in her bed, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks, her wispy dark hair sticking to the side of her face. When she saw her parents she reached out her 3 year old arms, opening and closing her hands, indicating that she wanted picking up....Caleb continued to breathe in and out through the baby monitor, safe and sound. The youngest daughter of Aljaz and Janette buried her little face in her mother, trying to block out the tears and her nightmares. Walking up and down the room, singing to her softly like she used to do to get her to sleep when she was a newborn babe. 30 minutes later she drifted back to sleep, as did Leonardo who had woken up when his twin had began to cry with fear....it took longer than normal to get them back off to sleep...it was as if the twins knew that something was going to happen...foreshadowing the future of the family.....

6:55am......

25 minutes later....Amelia-Lily, gently tapping at the door of her parents' room, not too loud for in fear of waking her baby brother. The door slightly creaked open as she crept into the room, climbing in her parents' bed, spreading out like a starfish, just like she used to do when she was really little, like the hot August day that the twins were born...before the start of 2 new lives...a time of joy...and none of them would've  changed it for the world...Janette wrapped her arms around her eldest daughter's petite little body as she wriggled and squirmed, accidentally hitting her father in the face, he didn't shout, he simply wrapped his arms round his daughter burying his face in her long dark hair, similar to her mother's....He was still snoring bless him, in and out, and in and out, just like normal...nothing out of the ordinary.

7:17am......

Sasa and Leonardo, waken from their slumber, came running in, not too loudly, knowing that they're parents would not be best pleased if they woke up their brother....They bounced onto the bed, still keeping the volume down to a minimum...Amelia-Lily fought her way out of the cluster of bodies and onto the floor of her parents' bedroom, getting off her knees she tiptoed over to the crib, watching him sleep...or that's what he, the baby, was supposed to be doing..."Mummy...Daddy...why isn't my baby brother moving?" She asked innocently, not really understanding the full danger of it. "Because he's sleeping Mils...come back into bed," Aljaz said, his arms wrapped round his eldest son, Leonardo....
Amelia-Lily shook her head, her flapping in all directions. "No..he's not snoring...his chest isn't going up and down like normal...he's very quiet," she said, chewing her lip, slowly beginning to realise that something was up with her baby brother...Janette could tell by the tone in her daughter's voice that something was wrong, releasing her youngest daughter from her hold, she swung her legs out of bed and crept over to her youngest child's crib. She could see what her daughter meant...he was very quiet...moving her hair out of the way Janette put her ear close to her son....nothing....tears began to form at the brim of her eyes...her lip trembling as she reached for his little, cold wrist, searching for any signs of life....nothing....

7:19am.....

Janette fumbled about, tears properly beginning to seek out of her eyes, running down her cheeks as she'd else desperately  looked for the pulse of her baby boy....Come on! He can't be gone! We've just got him...we can't lose him now! She screamed inside her head.

Nothing...

Janette began to scream at him, "CALEB! CALEB! COME BACK TO MUMMY! PLEASE!" She screamed at the lifeless baby in the crib that was her son, her dear, dear, baby boy.
She abandoned the crib and dropped to the floor, crying into the carpet. Aljaz, leaving the twins on the bed, went to the crib, he felt away for a pulse, just like his wife had done previously...nothing....tears began to drip down his face....

CALEB SKORJANEC
AGE: 14 WEEKS 3 DAYS
DATE OF DEATH: 17/04/2023
TIME OF DEATH: 7:15AM
BELOVED SON TO JANETTE AND ALJAZ SKORJANEC
AND BROTHER TO AMELIA-LILY, SASA ROSE AND LEONARDO THOMAS SKORJANEC

SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME (SIDS), ALSO KNOWN AS COT DEATH, IS THE SUDDEN, UNEXPECTED AND UNEXPLAINED DEATH OF AN APPARENTLY HEALTHY BABY.