Slowly...

5.05am....
Why always that time...the time that she woke up feeling sick, morning sickness with Caleb...the last time that she had held Caleb...the time that she felt dizzy the day that she had the miscarriage....the time that she was awake at that moment...
She rolled over to face Aljaz who was snoring softly, he looked so peaceful. The conversation that she had had with her husband yesterday evening, when they saved their relationship from being smashed into a million-trillion pieces....when they realised that they had something that was, is, worth fighting for. A smile crept upon Janette's face, she checked the time once more...5.07am...only 2 minutes had passed. Trying not to jolt the bed Janette swung her legs over the side of the bed and crept into the ensuite. Closing the door behind her. Looking in the mirror she could see panda bear rings under her eyes, her eyes red from crying for over a week... Last night was the first night in what felt like ages where she hadn't cried herself to sleep, the first night where she had slept like a baby...no interruptions. Turning away from the mirror she switched the shower on, not turning it up to its maximum level for fear of waking the whole house up. She climbed into the bath/shower, feeling the hot water run off her back, as if it were washing away the sadness that she had felt few weeks. Wrapping herself up in a big white towel she crept out of the ensuite to find some suitable clothes to wear for November. Pulling out a pair of dark blue jeans and a soft white jumper, she slipped the clothes on, being as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake anyone. Next was her hair, it was dripping wet but she couldn't use the hair dryer as that would definitely wake at least 1 person up. She pulled the brush through it and plaited it, then proceeding to tie it up in a bun, using countless amounts of bobby pins. Now, for her face, applying concealer to hide the redness and black circles under her eyes, eyeliner, several coats of mascara, blusher and a dark(ish) red lipstick. Finished. Janette checked the time: 6.45am...later than she thought... Aljaz was still fast asleep. Poking her head round Amelia-Lily's door, and then the twins' she could see that they were also fast asleep. Angel began to whimper so Janette quickly made her way to her youngest' bedroom retrieving her from her "big girl's bed", and taking her downstairs. When Janette walked into the room Angel's little face lit up like a Christmas Tree with joy, happy to see her mother, reaching out her arms....

Sitting her in her highchair Janette began finding the ingredients for pancakes. As she began the procedure Amelia-Lily, Sasa and Leonardo began to make their way downstairs into the kitchen, following the scent...expecting to see their father making breakfast, taken back to see their mother standing their flipping pancakes, all dressed up, make up and everything. The children eagerly sat at the table next to their baby sister, watching their mother intently. It was Aljaz who was the most taken back by Janette making breakfast, all dressed up....looking stunning as perusal. She smiled at him, flashing her perfect straight white teeth. He strolled over to her as she loaded up plates with pancakes, wrapping his arms round her skinny waist. Kissing the back of her head. She leaned back onto his chest, lifting her head up and standing on her tip toes to kiss him properly. "Eww Mum, Dad! That's gross! Do you have to do that when you're making my pancakes?!" Leonardo piped up, a look of disgust across his face. His twin elbowed him in the ribs, "shut up Leo! They haven't done that in ages...don't go ruining it for them." Janette pulled away, still smiling at her Prince Charming, "morning baby," she said. "Morning princess...you look amazing." "Why thank you....pancake?" "Hey! The next pancake is mine!" Leonardo protested, resulting in getting another jab either side from Amelia-Lily and Sasa.
Janette rolled her eyes before serving up the pancakes to her children....things were slowly getting back to normal, she new that it wouldn't happen right away, but she knew that she had something worth fighting for...a loving husband...and 4 darling children...all who loved her to bits, just as much as she loved all of them....