I'm your crazy

"Mum...what are you eating?" Amelia-Lily asked as she watched her mother spoon a mouthful of some weird combination of food into her mouth. "Salted peanuts, bananas and ice cream," Janette said as if it were the normal thing in the world to be eating. Amelia-Lily rolled her eyes, "Mum seriously that's weird...that can't taste nice, I mean bananas go with pretty much everything and taste lush when with ice cream, but is it really necessary to have salted peanuts with it?" Janette sighed, sometimes she wondered who was the parent and who was the daughter when talking to Amelia-Lily, "it tastes nice....stop judging," Janette said, playfully pushing her eldest daughter. Amelia-Lily sighed and shook her head, there was no winning this argument, her mother was just as stubborn as she was, that was probably where she got her stubbornness from...Janette....
That night in bed Aljaz noticed something different about Janette, just the way she was acting, she seemed unusually tired, "are you okay princess? You look like something is bothering you," Aljaz asked, playing with Janette's hair. Janette shrugged, "I don't know...something about my body is different, as if something is going on...and I'm craving really weird combinations of food, like now I really want salted peanuts, bananas and ice cream altogether, I mean that's not normal....is it?" Janette asks, starting to get worried now. Aljaz wraps his arm round Janette, "you couldn't be pregnant could you?"
Janette's brain froze...could she? It was always possible but....it did start to explain the way she had been feeling the past couple of days...the nausea...tiredness...cravings...the penny dropped...."I....I...I...suppose it's a possibility....will you get me a test? I want to find out now," Janette said, chewing her lip. Aljaz nodded, "of course...I'll be back in 15," he said, kissing her cheek. Just like he promised he arrived home in 15 minutes exact. Janette was in the kitchen making the combination of foods that she was craving. Aljaz laughed and walked over to Janette, wrapping his arms round her, "princess that can't honestly taste nice," he said. Janette leaned her back onto his chest, a smile on her face, "you want to try?" Aljaz licked the spoon that Janette was holding up to him. His face said it all, "Janette Skorjanec you are crazy." Janette smiled at him, "but I'm your crazy." Aljaz laughed and kissed his wife, "now how about if we see if your expecting." Janette shook her head, "if we're expecting....this is your baby to."

Aljaz leaned against the downstairs bathroom, pulling Janette close to him, her back against his chest. The timer went off, making the couple both jump. It was time. Janette closes her eyes, praying that it was positive, she didn't realise until that moment how much she wanted the test to read positive. Aljaz squeezed Janette's empty hand, "let's look at them together," he said, Janette nodded, opening her eyes she uncovered the tests in her hand.

POSITIVE