Fallen

When I fell down the hole, it didn't scare me. It merely reminded me of Alice. A little girl who fell down a hole landing in a place of insanity, then merely faced it with a stomach of bravery. But what good is bravery if you can't use it in the face of fear? That's why I don't fear.

Gravity pulled me down the hundreds of feet. My hair, born with the color of fire, rose around my pale face and dull blue eyes. A rarity really, having red hair and blue eyes, but it only entertained amusement a few moments at most. My sweater was loose, the plain white and black wool floating inches above my skin.

Before long, my back fell against golden flowers, pollen clouding the air above me for a long moment. I looked up to the place from which I fell. The silhouettes of the children that pushed me down here all stood there, crammed together to look at me. One of them, a small anxious looking monster child that looked like an oversized mouse with green fur and large brown eyes, chattered nervously about something I couldn't hear through the distance.

I sat still for a long time, watching as the children left, one by one, until the last one, the mouse-looking girl, scurried away. I sat up slowly and looked around me. The space was dark and unrecognizable, except for the bed of yellow flowers and the pillars lying at the edge of the light. A faint path led away from the warm sunlight, clearly a dangerous one, but it was clearly the only path there.

I stood without a sound and brushed the flower debris from my clothing. My hair was littered with golden petals. The shorts I was wearing were seemingly untouched by the fall, my sweater covering the most of them. After evaluating I was fine, I followed the dimly lit path to an ominous-looking arch. In the room beyond, I found another circle of sun, feeding an area of grass its needed amount of light.

A vine curled from its center, petals appearing and then taking the form of a flower. Its petals opened, the flower nearly identical the ones in the bed of flowers I fell in, had it not been for this one's grim, cold eyes.

"Howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the Flower." It said, looking at me expectantly. "Welcome to the Underground."

"I know." I said curtly, looking past the flower at another archway.

The blossom didn't speak again until I moved to walk around it. "O-Oh, well how about I help you then! Lead you! What's your name?"

"My name is Cherry." I paused, looking at the flower. "The monsters left the Underground years ago. Any monster still here, chose to be here. I'll be fine."

Flowey's grin turned into an evil grimace as his vines entangled my ankles. Color drained from our surroundings, leaving only me and the daisy visible.

"Don't you know how rude you're being?" He snarled. "Show me your soul. You won't be getting away without a fight."

My head fell to its side, it often did when I didn't understand. "Show you my soul?" I asked.

Flowey cackled at my muse. "Yes, or will I have to take it out for you."

A vine snaked into my sweater, pressing against my back directly above my heart. My entire body rocked as a pulse ripped through my body. A white mist appeared in front of me, the outline of a heart forming. Flowey gasped, repeating the pulse through my body.

"Where is it?!" He growled.

"My soul?" I asked.

"Of course! Where is it?"

I smiled at him, attempting to smooth his panic. "It's okay. No one's ever found my soul. I don't think I have one."

The blossom froze and looked at me. "You don't have a soul?" Flowey said softly.