Chapter 49

Stardue

I felt horrible and terribly weak. I wont last any longer trying to fight this. I really wish this didn't happen.
I held on to Nico's hand and he held on to Hazel's.

I ran down the halls heading down the stairs were they creaked.
I tried to let go of Nico but he didn't let go. I tugged on his arm and he made a face at me but didn't let go. I tugged again and he accidentally lets go.
My eyes went wide as I fell down the stairs.

"Star! What in the gods was..." Nico tried to finish.
"RUN!" I screamed.

Hazel scram as Hades stood behind her trying to snatch her. Nico tugged at her and we all run. I pushed the double doors open as my father yelled for Jeremiah the shifter.

We had to find the rock in the next 10 minutes before the shifter catched up.

"Hazel here." I pulled her to me.

I put a small piece of the last charm in her hand and pushed it close.

"Find it and hide it. I can hold the shifter back." I pulled at my rosary bracelet.

"Star no."
"It has to be done. Am the main target. Once you find it keep it well hidden and come to me."
"Star, you dont have to...."
"I love you guys." I hugged Nico and Hazel.
"Star!" Nico insisted.
"Am sorry for this." I said.
"What?" They asked in unison.

I telekinetically pushed them far from me as something tackled me down.
I rolled over getting up on my knees and slashing at Jeremiah. He grunted and his form changed from his human form to his normal form. His huge form was not so very easy to defeat.

"Princess, its time to return to the palace. Maybe this time we'll treat you like Rapunzel. Lets see you get out of that one." The shifter laughed.