Chapter 24

Jason.

I jump in the water helping Percy with Stardue.

"She's not breathing." Percy said.
"What!"
"She was in the water for more than 7 minutes."

I instantly begin giving the girl CPR and by the fourth one she coughed up water.

"Where you just...." She try's to finish but gags when I nod. 

"Wheres the snake lady?" she coughed desperate to change the conversation.
"Gone." I reply.
"We got to get out of here or where going to die. The shifter will be back soon." She says walking.
"What is a shifter?" asks Percy.
"Ill explain later but now we got to get as far as possible." She replies.
"You know I could hold my breath under the water for a while." Percy said.

Star scoffed and we started running at full speed but full speed looked different when your clothes were soaked. When we stopped we where panting for air.

"We could have just killed it." I said with my hands on my knees.

"Impossible" she responds.
"So whats a shifter?" Percy asked.
"Am not sure. Its a powerful beast that can change forms. The one back at camp, the dog was him."
"And why haven't we seen this thing before?" I asked.
"I don't know there is some pieces am still missing. Its like if someone erased my memories but there still there."

We began to walk Star leading the way. She was walking kind of sideways.

"Star? You okay." I asked.

She turned to face us and that moment her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her legs buckled.

"Star!" Percy yelled.

We ran to her and I tried smacking her gently but she was gone. I lifted her up carrying her.

"Now what." Percy said.
"Well we have to keep going straight or camp out somewhere."

We headed for the city as it got dark and we climbed a fire escape in a dark alley to sleep above ground.