Chapter 53

Nico
After a quick rest me and Hazel went deeper into the underworld. Hazel kept pulling but only stygian rocks would appear.
Sweat beaded down her forehead and I felt bad. A black figure danced at my feet.
It expanded out in front of me. It screamed as if a subway were about to run her over.

I fell back.

Help her you foolish boy. She will be come what I thought and it shall not happen. It wont be nice.

It laughed in my face gruesomely. Its face was ugly and different but I recognized it. This was its other side.

"Your name. I demand your name!"

It laughed again in that crazy deep lady voice that was creepy.

"NICO!" Hazel shook me.
"Hu?"
"You just froze."
"You...didn't see that."
"What?"
"Uh, nothing."
"Do you mean that!" Hazel said in a shaky voice that rose to a yell.

I looked at her confused and then saw what she was pointing at. My heart pounded in my chest. Our little sister, she couldn't hold him back long enough. We had to make her sacrifice worth something.

"GO, RUN!" By the time I spoke this it was late.

I was sent flying in the air my ears buzzing my head spinning. I dropped
back on the ground my eyes closing.
I saw the light of heaven as I stretched my arm for it.

"NICOOOOO!" A piercing shriek was released.

I struggled. Then I struggled again and walked towards Hades. He awaited for me to attack but I didn't have the strength left.
I reached out to him and fell forward. I heard him talk to Hazel as he lifted me.
I could feel her hand in my hair as she caressed me.
My head spun making me wanna puke. It was unbearable and I was uncomfortable. I tried to relax but I couldn't.