Chapter 67

Stardue.

I looked at the stone gripping it tightly. I will do this once again for her, for him, and her, but not for me.

Hazel and Nico looked at me with wide eyes.

"What do you mean not for you?" Nico said.
"Did I say that out loud? Its a uhhh.... quote."

I got up rapidly but Nico stopped me coming to eye level with me. I avoided making eye contact with him.

"Star, look at me." He said strictly.
"What?"
"Do you......love this thing?"

I looked away biting my lip.

"STARDUE!" He said a little louder.
"You don't understand. He's my father."
"No, Star, you don't understand. He took your life and had it under his control and raised you but thats not your father after what he did to you."
"You don't have to have the same DNA for you to love that person."
"STAR." Nico said a bit angry.

I looked away. He cupped my face and pressed his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes tightly.

"Look at me."
"I cant."
"Look at me Star. I trust you."

I did as he said and in his eyes I could see fear.

"Promise me you wont leave me. I know you." He whispered closing his eyes. I look at him in horror.
"I cant Nico." I sobbed.
"SWEAR ON THE RIVER STYX."
He shook me.
"I swear."
"Say the rest Star please."
"On the river styx."

Nico hugged me tightly. Hazel joined in and I was squeezed in between them like a Oreo cookie. The oath wasn't in tact though. He didn't know that and neither did Hazel.

"Its time. Star we must do this now." Hazel said.

I nodded and opened the double doors.

"You must lure him downstairs to the living room, I shall wait." I said.