Chapter 6

"So you'll be okay to drive there and stay the night, right?" My dad asked as he threw his work bag into the back seat of his car.

"Yeah, i'll be fine. I changed into something more comfortable, and I have clothes to sleep in and to wear home tomorrow." I said as I got into my silver Mercedes Benz and started my car. My dad walked around to the drivers side of my car and I rolled down my window.

"Text me as soon as you get there, okay?" My dad said as he kissed me on the forehead through the window.

"I will." I said as I smiled at him.

"I love you." My dad said as he backed away from the rolled-down window.

"I love you too, dad." I said before I rolled up my window and backed out of my driveway, quickly waving before I drove out of my dads sight. I looked over to the passengers seat and saw my black Prada bag. I stretched my hand over and opened up my bag, searching for my phone in it. I finally felt my iPhone and pulled it out, unlocked it, and opened my google maps app. I typed in the Beckham's address, but then decided not to, I know where they live, it's the same neighborhood as my mom.

After flipping through a few different music stations and re-adjusting my white shirt a couple times because it looked uneven, I finally made it to the Beckham's house. I pulled up their driveway and parked my car. I grabbed my purse and bag from the passengers seat and stepped out of my car, locking it and dropping the keys into my bag as I walked up to the front door.

The front door swung open before I knocked, causing me to jump. Standing behind the door was Brooklyn, a small smile on his face. "Kourtney, you're back."

"Um, yeah." I said, clutching my bag of clothes in my hand.

"Come in."

"Thanks." I said, stepping into the house as he shut the door behind me.

"My parents are out for the night, something with my mom's business I guess, but we have something we have to do." Brooklyn said, looking out the window.

"Okay, but what do we have to do?" I asked.

"Take this to your mom." He said, putting a cake in my hands.

"Excuse me?" I asked, extremely confused.

"Drop the nice girl act, your dad's no longer here." He said, putting on his jacket.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, the chocolate cake freezing my forearms, they must have had it in the refrigerator.

"Lets go, before it gets too dark out."

"Okay, are you crazy?" I snapped.

"I'll give me thirty seconds to explain to me what this whole deal is with your mom, what's causing you to act so weird when anyone talks about her." Brooklyn said, a serious look on his face.

"It's none of your business!"

"twenty-nine, twenty-eight." Brooklyn said, his arms crossed.

"Okay!" I sighed, extremely annoyed, "She left my dad and me like seven years ago, when I was nine, and my dad and I just have never gotten over it, and I haven't seen her since I was like seven."

"Well, great, you're about to see her again." Brooklyn said, opening the front door.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's go."