Chapter 8

"How are you doing, Kourtney?" A voice asked as they walked into the room I was in.

"Where am I?" I asked, looking around at the taupe walls and the white furniture in the room.

"You're in the guest bedroom." The voice said as he walked around the wall, making it so that I could see him. It was Brooklyn, he was wearing navy blue and red plaid pajama pants and a navy blue crew-neck. "You fell asleep on the couch after we got back from your moms house, so I carried you up to the guest bedroom." He said as he sat at the end of the king-sized bed I must have slept in last night.

"Oh, thank you." I said, sitting up straighter and wiping my eyes.

"My parents are out again, but do you maybe want to go pick up donuts with me for us and my brothers and sister?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yeah, sure, just let me get ready quickly and i'll meet you downstairs." I said, moving the covers off of me.

"Okay." Brooklyn said as he smiled at me, "Your bag is right there, and the guest bathroom is right there." He said, pointing to my bag and a door that must lead to the guest bathroom.

"Okay, thanks." I said, grabbing my phone off of the wooden night stand that was right next to the bed. It said it was eleven in the morning.

"See you downstairs." Brooklyn said as he shut the door.

"See ya." I said as I set my phone down again and picked up my bag. I found a floral dress tucked in my bag and pulled it out to put on.

I quickly changed in the bathroom and pulled out my brush and tooth brush from the bag. I brushed through my hair and pulled half of it up into a ponytail, then I brushed my teeth. I shoved all of my other stuff back into my bag and grabbed my phone off the nightstand again. I walked to the door and quickly slipped on my black wedges before opening the door and stepping into the long brown hallway. I saw the stairs at the end of the hall and started walking before I remembered I forgot my black Prada purse in the room. I walked back to the door and went back into the guest bedroom, quickly grabbing my purse off of the desk and then walking out and down the hall again before I made it to the stairs.

"Hey." Brooklyn said as soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as I walked to the door behind him, and walked out of the house.

"I'm hoping you know a donut place here in Los Angeles, because I have no idea where one is." Brooklyn said, making the both of us laugh as we got to my car.

"Don't worry, I do." I said as I started the car and backed out of the Beckham's driveway. "I know a great place that's only about ten minutes away from here, if even that far."

"Great, i'm sorry, I know this was my idea, I just haven't been to LA in a while." He frowned.

"It's fine, it's really no big deal, I have lived here my whole life, I know this area inside and out." I said, trying to make sure he didn't feel bad. Brooklyn let out a little laugh before he started flipping through radio stations.

"Hey, Kourtney, did you ever call your mom?" Brooklyn asked, turning down the radio and looking at me with one hand on the dashboard.

"No, not yet." I said. A frown formed on Brooklyn's face right away. "I forgot."

"Oh, well I think you should call her, not that it's my decision to make."

"I will." I smiled. "But we're here." I said, pulling into a parking space on the side of the street and putting my car into park.

"great, that was a quick trip." Brooklyn said as he unbuckled and stepped out of the car.

"Um, yeah, I told you so." I said as I did the same.

I lead the way to the donut shops door and walked in, the bell on the door dinging once we walked in. "Welcome to Drew's Donuts," The man said behind the counter. "How can we help you today?"

"What do you want?" I asked, turning to Brooklyn.

"Just like ten glazed donuts." Brooklyn said, looking at all the donuts behind the counter. All the donuts that had frosting on it and different colored sprinkles that I remembered eating as a kid when I used to come here with my mom and dad, when they were still together. "Hey are you okay?" Brooklyn asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um, yeah, sorry." I said, shaking my head. "Can we have ten glazed donuts, please?" I asked.

"Sure, coming right up." The guy said. "Hey, are you Kourtney Brooks?" The guy asked.

"Yeah?" I said, confused on his this random guy who worked at a donut shop knew who I was.

"I'm Matt, I was in your AP econ class last year." He said as he started to grab the ten glazed donuts. "I took down your books to the office that one time you were sick."

"Oh yeah!" I said, smiling. "I remember you, and I remember that day!" I said, laughing as I remembered that day.

"Yeah, it wasn't a good day for the either of us, you threw up, and I got throw up on my sneakers." He said, laughing. "Not trying to spoil your breakfast though." He said as he handed me the box of donuts.

"You're fine." I said, laughing as I grabbed the donut box out of his hands and handed Matt the money. "And I'm so sorry for ruining your sneakers, i'll buy you a new pair next time I see you." I joked.

"Don't bother, they were an old pair, anyway." He said, smiling. "But you two have a nice day, okay, and I hope to see you soon."

"You too." I said smiling as Brooklyn and I walked out of the donut shop, the bell dinging again as we walked out and back to my car.

"Now lets get back to your house with these donuts." I said, smiling as I got into the car with Brooklyn and backed out of the parking space before I backed out and started driving back to Brooklyn's house again.