Chapter 33

"Have I ever told you I hate your hair?" I asked Brooklyn as he walked in behind me.

"Brooklyn! Kourtney!" Victoria grinned as we walked in. She opened her arms wide to bring us into a hug.

"Hi!" I smiled as I hugged her back.

"So glad you could make it, Harper's outside." She said, pointing to the back door.

"I'll head outside." I told Brooklyn as I walked towards the back door.

"Meet you out there." He answered. I watched him walk into the kitchen where David and Victoria were sitting.

I opened the door to walk out when I remembered my purse. should probably set it down. I turned and shut the door again, walking towards the front door to set my purse down next to it.

"Just tell me why!" Brooklyn raised his voice. I stopped in my tracks to hear what they were bickering about.

"Because Brooklyn, you're seventeen years old!" Victoria shot back.

"But I will be eighteen when I move here!" He argued.

"I do not want my eighteen years old son living alone in Los Angeles!" Victoria stated. "End of discussion Brooklyn."

"You can move here on your own when you are twenty-two, that's what your mum and I decided." David chimed in.

"That's just over four years away!" Brooklyn gasped.

"You are not moving here when you are eighteen years old, now go spend time with your sister on her birthday." As soon as Victoria said that I quickly made my way to the back door again. I tried to open it with as little noise as possible, and slipped out into the backyard. I frown to myself as soon as I get onto the white porch at the thought of Brooklyn leaving. Ten days.

"Hey." Brooklyn smiles as he puts his arm around me.

I move it off and continue to stare at Romeo and Cruz who are helping some of Harper's friends whack at a piñata.

"What?" Brooklyn asked me as he turned and gave me a concerned look.

"Nothing, I'm sorry." I apologize. "I just know it will be a while until I see you again."

"Just like," He was thinking. "Ten months. I'll be back in June."

"Ten months is a long time, I think we should just be like, like, friends." I suggested.

"Why are you acting like this, I might be moving here in March when I turn eighteen!" He said, raising his voice, causing Romeo to look over at us.

"But that's the thing, Brooklyn. You wont." I argued.

"You don't know that."

"But I have a pretty good idea."

"You heard, didn't you?" he asked.

"Heard what? No, I didn't hear anything." I shrug.

"Yes you did, you heard."

"Just a little bit." He gave me a stern look. "I had to put down my purse!"

"Let's just talk about something else." Brooklyn said as he scratched the back of his neck. "Do you think your parents are going to get married again?" He asked me.

"Never divorced." I said, it was shorter and snottier than I had intended. Oops.

"No way!" He said in disbelief, his brown eyes large.

"Way." I shrug.

"Brooklyn, come take a swing!" Romeo called out, holding up a baseball bat.

"I'll pass, but I think Kourtney will." He smirked at me.