Chapter 22

"Come in." Brooklyn said as I knocked on his hospital room door.

"What are you, pregnant?" I joked.

"They put me in the baby ward because it has more protection." He said, rolling his eyes, he looked tired, really tired.

"Understandable." I said as I sat in the chair right next to his bed.

"Sprained ankle, dislocated knee." He said, looking down at his left leg that had a ton of bandages on it."

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"Not your fault." Kind of is, I thought.

"When do you get out of here?" I asked.

"They are putting the cast on tonight, I get released tomorrow morning at nine."

"Crutches?" I asked.

"For eight weeks."

"Two months?" I asked as my mouth dropped.

"Yeah, I'll have to take a break from football."

"Brooklyn, that's-"

"Awful, I know, I still don't know what I'm going to tell my parents." He frowned.

"You still haven't called them or told them?" I asked, shocked. I could never keep a secret from my parents for that long! At least not one that involved me being injured or in the hospital.

"Liam had to go into work." He said, changing the subject.

"Oh." I nodded.

"Took you long enough to get here!" Brooklyn joked.

"Sorry, I was with my mom then I had to get approved to come see you and I had a hassle and a half getting away from this little girl."

"A fan?" He asked.

"An annoying one." I laughed.

"Was she young?" He asked.

"Yeah, like seven." I responded.

"How cute, I love kids." He smiled.

"I do too but I didn't like this kid."

"Why?" He asked.

"She wouldn't leave me alone!"

"You're not used to it?" no, why would I be?

"No, I'm not." I laughed so I wouldn't sound so rude.

"Oh right, you don't have any younger siblings!" He said, pointing at me and laughing.

"Nope, just Liam." I smiled.

"And soon, Amelia." He said with a sour expression.

"Don't remind me!" I half joked as I rolled my eyes.

"She has the biggest crush on me!"

"Really? Didn't notice!"

"She does, I'm not even kidding!" He said, his eyes getting really wide.

"Brooklyn, I was just kidding, I know she does!"

"Oh, yeah, you should help me out and find her somebody when you guys are braiding each other's hair and do other sister-things!" He suggested.

"I don't like other people braiding my hair." He frowned.

"Sorry I don't know what sisters do, I only have one and all she does is play with her dolls and cry."

"You have two brothers." I smiled.

"Yeah and they're both annoying."

"Hey, don't say that!" I said, hitting his shoulder lightly, "They're adorable."

"Until you live with them." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure they're not that bad!"

"Yeah because you don't live with them!" He repeated. "Hey how's your dad taking the whole 'ex-wife' thing?"

"They technically still married." I corrected him.

"And your mom is marrying another guy?" He asked.

I nodded, "Doug Roberts."

"My neighbor?" He asked, sitting up in his hospital bed. He tugged down his blue hospital gown and pulled up the blanket on his flat bed.

"Obviously, you know this, Amelia's dad, come on Brooklyn, get with the program!" I joked.

"Sorry, my memories been a little up and down since the fall out of your window!"

I couldn't help but laugh, "sorry about that, again."

"You don't have to be sorry, it's okay."

"You really should call your mom and dad." I suggested after we stopped laughing about him falling out of my window.

"My mum and dad will kill me!"

"So you just expect them to think you walking around with crutches, knee brace and a cast is normal?"

"Well no, but I can come up with some excuse hopefully by then!"

"What are you going to say?"

"You're asking a lot of questions."

"Sorry." I said as I stopped. We just sat there in silence for a minute or two after that.

"Sorry, I just don't know what I'm going to do."

"I understand, I'll leave you alone, you look tired." I said as I stood up.

"Will you stay with me until I fall asleep, I'm used to having people be near me with such a big family." Brooklyn asked.

"Of course." I gave a small smile as I sat back down in the chair.

"Thank you."