Chapter 21

I stood by the side of the building, looking over towards the front side of the shop. I saw Doug and my mom sitting at one of the outside tables, sipping their smoothies. All I could hear is, "i'm really sorry," a few times from my mom. Don't be sorry, it's not really your fault.

I couldn't hear anything so I threw on my sunglasses and a large hat and walked towards the door. They weren't talking when I walked by, of course, just my luck.

"What can I get for you today?"The girl who looked a few years older than me asked behind the counter.

"A kiwi blast, vanilla twist and a lemon sunset." I said, pulling out my wallet.

"Twelve-sixty, please." The worker asked. I pulled out the money and handed it to her. "Name for your order?"

I turned around when I heard the door swing open and saw it was Doug. "Ally." I lied. Doug walked right past me to the bathroom.

"Coming right up." The girl said as she put the order in.

I took a seat at one of the tables and pulled my phone out.

"How are you doing?" I asked Brooklyn.

"Not so good." He texted back a few minutes later.

"Sorry." I texted back. I flipped back onto twitter and was scrolling through some tweets.

"Kourtney?" I heard someone whisper.

"Mom, it's not what it looks like." I said, locking my phone and standing up.

"Three smoothies for Ally," The girl behind the counter said.

"I guess it's exactly what it looks like." I sighed as I grabbed the smoothies and thanked the girl.

"Did you follow me?" My mom asked, "Ally?"

"Nope, I just came to get smoothies."

"What's with the hat and sunglasses, then?"

"I don't like the sun."

"Liar." She said, laughing. "Well come on, Ally, let's get you out of here."

"You can call me Kourtney." I whispered, joking.

"Why do you have three smoothies, if you don't mind me asking."

"One for me, Liam, and Brooklyn."

"Oh, this Brooklyn boy again?" My mom said as she nudged my arm.

"He's just my friend, mom." I smiled, "I'll see you in a little bit."

"See you." She grinned.

"Wait, mom?" I asked as I rolled down my window.

"Yes?" She asked.

"What happened with Doug?"

"We'll talk about it later as a family, don't be late for dinner, five o'clock." As a family? You think we're a family again?

"I won't." I smiled.

"I love you." She said as she back up and left.

"Love you too." I whispered to myself as I turned my car on and drove towards the hospital.

----------

"Patients name?" The middle-aged woman behind the hospital desk asked.

"Brooklyn Beckham." I responded back as I tapped my foot on the tile below me.

"He's under security up there, so i'll have to call him and ask if he is willing to have you up there." She explained, "Name?"

"Kourtney Brooks,"