Chapter 19

"Just let me know if you need anything, i'm just two doors down, bathrooms in the middle." I smiled as I handed my mom another pillow. My mom was sleeping in the guest bed and Liam was sleeping on the floor.

"Thank you." Liam smiled.

"Thank you so much." My mom said as she grabbed me and hugged me.

"You're welcome." I smiled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." They both responded at the same time.

I quietly shut the door and tip-toed back down the stairs to the front door. I quietly opened the front door, hoping nobody heard me.

"Finally!" Brooklyn said, his face lighting up. "I've been out here for like an hour, what were you doing?"

"Talking to my mom," I moved out of the way so that he could come into my house, "shh!" I said as he stepped into the house, the floor creaking under him.

"Sorry." He said.

"You can come upstairs." I said, leading him towards the staircase.

"Does anyone know i'm here?" He asked as we walked up the stairs.

"No, my dad would kill me!"

Brooklyn giggled quietly as we made it to my room. "Cute room." He said as he looked around.

"Shut up!" I laughed as I hit him gently on the arm.

"What? I'm serious! I like the color." He smiled.

"You can't even see what color it is!" I joked, since it was dark in my room. I flicked on the lamp next to my bed, "now you can."

"I knew it was light pink."

"For all you know it could have been brown."

"There's nothing wrong with the color brown!"

"Do your parents know you're here?" I asked.

"No, why?" He said, becoming serious again. "They think i'm at a friends house."

"Well I guess you didn't lie." I smiled.

"You're right I didn't." He laughed. "Hey, i've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"Oh please no, my brain can't take anything else!" I said, flopping onto my bed.

"It won't make your brain hurt," He said as he sat on the edge of my bed, "I promise."

"Hit me with it then." I said, turning onto my side.

"I like you, Kourtney." My heart stopped, you what? "I just really want you to know that it means a lot to have a friend like you around, it's kind of hard for me to make friends here in LA." Oh, thank goodness, I thought I was going to have to friend zone you and that would be awkward.

"You too." I smiled. "But i'm tired so,"

"I'll sleep on the floor." Brooklyn said, sitting down on the floor.

"You what?" I asked, immediately sitting up, straight as an arrow in my bed. "You're staying here?"

"Well, yeah." He laughed. "I can't go home, my parents think i'm at a friends!"

"Ugh, fine." I sighed. "But floor." I demanded.

"I know, I know." He said as he sat down their on the floor. "Aren't you going to offer me a pillow and blanket?"

I threw a pillow from behind my head at him. "Ouch, thanks." He said after getting smacked with the pillow in the face.

"There are blankets behind you."

I saw him reach behind his head and grab a blanket, then he waited a minute and grabbed another one. "Goodnight." He finally said after he got situated.

"You better be gone by the time I wake up, leave early in the morning." I said, ignoring the 'goodnight'.

"I will be, what time does your dad work?" He asked.

"He wakes up at five thirty in the morning."

"I'll be gone by five." I heard Brooklyn say, he sounded tired too. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said, realizing I couldn't ignore him two times, and I didn't even have a reason to ignore him.

"Happy birthday, Kourtney."

I looked at the clock next to my bed, it said 12:03 am. "It's not my birthday anymore." I heard Brooklyn turn like he was uncomfortable. "But thank you." I finally said, feeling bad that I was so rude.

"Hopefully your eighteenth will be better." He said after he yawned.

"Hopefully."