Chapter 4

Ashton's entrance! He's not v nice but once he starts to fall for someone *ahem Michael ahem* all shall be calm

Chapter 4

Calum ♥

He literally did not take any notice of me, at all. In fact, it was even less than normal and I began to regret this whole thing.

On the way to school, at break, at lunch, on the way home – I was all over Jack, and was actually beginning to feel rather disgusted. Why was it so hard for him to just notice me? I'd been 'with Jack' for the past four days and I'd gotten nothing.

"Oi, Hood, what's all this about?" Ashton yelled, running up to me on the way home from school. I slowed my pace and rolled my eyes.

"I'm dating Jack."

"You aren't, though, are you?"

I paused, wondering how much he'd clocked. "What makes you think that?"

"Oh, I dunno, maybe the fact that whenever you guys kiss, you're always on the lookout for his brother?"

"Stop spewing bullshit."

"I'm not and you know it."

I let out a deep sigh and threw my head back in frustration. "Fine. I'm doing this to get Luke. But it's going so badly. He's basically ignoring me, and whenever I get within one metre radius to him, he runs away like some cheetah."

"Want me to go kick some sense into him?" he asked excitedly, rubbing his hands together and licking his lips. He was so bloodthirsty, oh my God.

"Don't you dare. Look... just give it some time. Jack said he'd only date me for one month, so I've got just over three weeks left. If you want to help, just don't hurt Luke for a bit. Let me penetrate his thick wall first."

"You realise how wrong that sounds?"

"Shut up and leave already, I have a headache, and a neck ache from all that kissing..."

He smirked, waving goodbye and leaving. Ashton was a good friend but he loved violence too much.

~

"Hemmings. Wait up, let me talk to you."

He didn't stop, in fact he sped up. Jack wasn't with us today as he had a club after school, but I decided to walk back with Luke anyway. From behind, I watched his grey beanie pompom bob up and down, his sweater sleeves way past his hands which hung lazily at his side.

"Luke. Please."

I'd never called him Luke, not since we were kids. He stopped and I caught up. "What is it?" he asked quietly.

"Are you okay with me dating Jack?"

He shrugged, obviously hinting indifference. "Yeah. I don't see why not. You're both happy. Why shouldn't I be?"

"It's just- I don't know, it must be a bit weird, right?"

"Wrong. I don't care."

"You're not jealous?"

"No, because I wouldn't want to date my own brother... that doesn't even make sense."

"I didn't mean that-"

"Look, I don't care."

"Why not...?"

His eyes averted to the sky, which today was grey and dark. "Because... Because I'm beyond caring. After all you've done to hurt me, I won't let something like this do the same." He began to walk again, faster, and this time I grabbed his upper arm, noticing for the first time that under that baggy sweater was a thin stick, not anything like a normal human arm. He jerked away. "Don't... touch me." I grabbed him again, and he bit his lip, gazing into my eyes with an almost yearning look, as if he was about to kiss me.

But he didn't. Just when I was about to lean a bit closer, he escaped from my grasp again and ran off, weaving through the streets so I could no longer see him.

How was I going to get him?

***

Yeah, how are you going to get him Calum

Vote+comment for virtual calum puppy

Kimmy xx