Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Luke 💕

I was happy when he told me things would change, but I didn't actually expect that they would.

The next day was very weird, to say the least.

Firstly, Calum turned up at our house in the morning, and instead of kissing Jack, kissed me instead – surprising mum very much indeed. She ended up being fine with it, obviously, but nonetheless found it a bit strange how he could go from Hemming to Hemming just like that.

Secondly, Calum held my hand the whole school day, earning multiple looks from classmates and his friends. Still, he went unfazed as we walked through corridors and classrooms with our fingers intertwined. No one shouted insults at me either – his friends had all backed off and were now picking on other kids.

Last but not least, Ashton became a completely different person, owned up to his love for Michael, and was now dating him. It was really quite shocking because I was used to seeing a mischievous smile, not a cute one. And those giggles – they sounded completely different. I didn't know how he went from being the bully to being a very romantic and cute guy, but Michael was happy so I wasn't complaining.

~

Lunchtime rolled around and we sat as a four for the first time, getting out our lunchboxes in the noisy canteen on a relatively empty table. "What do you have today?" Michael asked me, taking out a massive bag of crisps from his backpack and diving in without hesitation.

"Cheese sandwich, banana, water and a chocolate bar. Wait, what, a chocolate bar?" I exclaimed, suddenly confused at how that had gotten in there. I hadn't eaten a chocolate bar in months, I hadn't even seen one! My eyes turned to Calum, who was gazing at me with a smug expression. "Did you put this in here?" I asked, somewhat nervous for his response.

"Yep. It's my favourite – I think you'll like it."

I blinked a few times, my fingers beginning to tear the red wrapper. There had been many times when I'd wanted to give in and eat chocolate, but each time I'd stopped myself. Now, I felt like there was no reason to hold back, so I continued to rip and took a bit of the sweet yet crunchy bar, eyes rolling back in pleasure.

"Damn..." I moaned, a bit of chocolate falling out as I spoke. "This is so good."

The others looked at me as if I'd won the lottery or something. Well, maybe I had. In any case, I was thankful that Calum had given me this opportunity to gain weight again. He put me in a headlock, grinding our heads together whilst the other two laughed and ate their own lunches, sharing dry kisses every now and then.

By the end of the day, I'd gotten used to the looks and stares, and to smiling. It felt great to have a reason to, and I hoped that no matter what happened in the future, I'd be able to continue doing it. "Hey Luke?"

"Yeah?"

We were on the way back to my house and I had just received a text from mum asking where we were. I quickly texted back before looking at Calum.

"Can you give me your cigarettes?"

I stared blankly at him. "Why...?"

"They're the last thing I need you to change. Throw them away, before you become addicted and kill your lungs."

"B-but... they're so important to me..."

He stopped us in the middle of the pavement and turned me so I was facing him. "I'm here now. What's more important than that?" He fished into my bag pocket and took out my unfinished pack, opening it to check how many was inside. "I know these helped you through a lot, but I want to replace that. Stop before it's too late."

I tried snatching them back, beginning to feel a bit angry, however his reflexes were better than my attempt at grabbing and he quickly removed them from my reach. "Please Calum, I need them."

He shook his head, walking to the dustbin ahead of us, my eyes widening as I realised what he was about to do. I tried yelling, but it was too late – he'd dumped them amongst the food waste and old newspapers. I grimaced, angry tears forming.

***

I'm really happy for Luke in this :') I hope that anyone reading this who has an eating disorder is inspired by my fictional characters because I want you to get better xxx THAT GOES FOR ANYONE WITH ANY ISSUE AT ALL BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE THE PAIN! Open your eyes and see the world, it's more beautiful than you think :)

Thank you all for 600+ reads and 180+ votes! Love you all <3

Vote+comment for a virtual 5sos dress

Kimmy xx