Chapter 20

Eek it's Monday morning and it's too early for my liking X(

Chapter 20

Calum ♥

"First – tell me why you're so skinny."

He gulped, playing with my fingers as we sat on his bed later that evening. His parents were away again; besides, they didn't really seem to care about their son's relationships – not Luke's anyway. "It's a long story."

"I've got plenty of time."

"Okay, well... where do I start? It was maybe two years ago... before the bullying got bad. I was always fine with my weight and promised myself I wouldn't develop an eating disorder. I ate my lunch every single day, making sure there was no waste whenever I threw away the contents after lunch. In the past, I needed about five meals a day to feel full, and obviously because of that I gained a bit of weight. Then, one day at lunch, someone sat near me and told themselves they were eating too much and that they were too fat, and they were thinner than me."

"But you were never fat!" I protested, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Even so... I started thinking that if others were controlling their diets to stay slim, then I would too. Only, it got a bit out of hand, especially when the bullying began. I'd throw up a lot because of how much people kicked me, which put me off food completely. And now, I only eat when I absolutely have to."

I shut my eyes and shook my head, feeling awful as I listened to him speak. When he was done, I pressed a hand against his cold cheek, caressing his cheekbone with my thumb. "Do you not feel hungry?"

"Of course I do! Remember, I said that I needed about five meals a day to feel full. Nowadays I'm lucky if I eat two, so most of the time I'm starving."

"Then why don't you eat? Your arms are literally sticks. You practically have no fat at all!"

"I-I know."

I exhaled deeply, bringing him closer so our foreheads touched. "I'll make sure no one ever makes you throw up again, so can you please return to eating normally? I know it's hard, especially if you've been this way for a while now, but I can't bear seeing you in such a morbid state."

He looked as if he was about to cry, but held it in, instead forming a smile on his pale face. "Thank you Calum."

"Right. Next issue. Trusting people, why don't you do it?"

"It's... another long story."

I sucked through my teeth and glared at him. "And I told you already – I've got plenty of time!" He chuckled and leaned back against his pillowed headboard, keeping his hands intertwined with mine.

"This was a lot longer ago, maybe in primary school. I just made friends with all the wrong people, and they made me feel like shit, cause when you're a kid, you don't understand what 'hurtful' means. You just say whatever you want. It's like that now as well – but people are a lot better. Anyway, the few friends I did have made fun of me and I was the outcast of the group. Obviously this got worse in secondary school and it got to the point where I just couldn't talk to anyone, because nothing good would ever come out of it. I lost trust in people I used to call friends, and stopped trying to make new ones."

"Come here," I said, opening my arms a bit to let him lean into me, and wrapping my arms around his thin structure with the result that I warmed him up a little. "Everything's going to change very soon, don't you worry."

***

Ergh filler sorry sorry sorry

I'll do a double update to make up for it xxx

DECIDED ON ANOTHER 10-15 CHAPTERS! Thanks for helping me out guys, I've already sorted out the plot and everything ;)

Dedication today goes to jerroni for commenting recently! Thank you veery much and I hope you're enjoying it so far XD 

Vote+comment for virtual 5sos belt

Kimmy xx